I've seen some posts of users changing their usernames. But some of them are like below 50 posts. I mean why would they want to change their Usernames if they've just have less than 50 posts? I mean they could have just make another account.

So, My suggestion would be, If they wanted to change their Username, They must have atleast 50 posts.

That's my suggestion...

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by MooGeek
Featured Replies
    Narue 5,707   6 Years Ago

Why 50? Changing a user's name is quick and easy, provided the new name is available, so I don't see a problem with allowing it regardless of post count. Otherwise those with less than 50 posts would probably create a new account and take up both names, which just clutters … Read More

• >> And you're suggesting that a bogus member be kept around simply because they can't have their name changed? It would up the membership count and get to that magical million number. >> And what would a second account be used for? I believe that the second account +reps the … Read More

WaltP 2,905   6 Years Ago

[QUOTE=MooGeek;]Well I thought making this rule would encourage other users to post more and be more active on DW. Does it make sense now?[/QUOTE] No. How would it encourage more activity? If I want to have my user name changed one of two things will happen: 1) If I have … Read More

WaltP 2,905   6 Years Ago

[QUOTE=MooGeek;1619059]My apologies but that's the way I felt on his reaction :) [/QUOTE] Sorry.... Read More

Why 50? Changing a user's name is quick and easy, provided the new name is available, so I don't see a problem with allowing it regardless of post count. Otherwise those with less than 50 posts would probably create a new account and take up both names, which just clutters the database.

I've seen some posts of users changing their usernames. But some of them are like below 50 posts.

So? What's the problem?

I mean why would they want to change their Usernames if they've just have less than 50 posts?

Because they decided they don't like their member name after 5 posts?

I mean they could have just make another account.

And you're suggesting that a bogus member be kept around simply because they can't have their name changed?

IMO, no member needs more than one account except a few top-level members.
No rank-and-file needs more than one. It has caused problems when they do. And what would a second account be used for? What do you suggest we do with the first account?

>> And you're suggesting that a bogus member be kept around simply because they can't have their name changed?

It would up the membership count and get to that magical million number.

>> And what would a second account be used for?

I believe that the second account +reps the first account and lends a two-to-one advantage in any flame war.

Votes + Comments
But of course. How silly of me!

Well I thought making this rule would encourage other users to post more and be more active on DW. Does it make sense now?

Well I thought making this rule would encourage other users to post more and be more active on DW. Does it make sense now?

No. How would it encourage more activity? If I want to have my user name changed one of two things will happen:
1) If I have to make 48 more posts, I will go elsewhere and forget DaniWeb.
2) If I have to make 48 more posts, I will post 48 lame-assed posts anywhere I can just to get my 50.

Alternatively, I all I have to do is ask, I would think "Gee, this is a nice place, they are helpful. I'll stay around and become part of this community."

Votes + Comments
Only 47 more to go! Just kidding, WaltP, but that was too easy.

Alternatively, I all I have to do is ask, I would think "Gee, this is a nice place, they are helpful. I'll stay around and become part of this community."

Well the way you reacted to my idea seems like this is not a nice place... Nevermind. It was just my idea. Of course, Its ALWAYS up to you guys ;)

Edited by MooGeek: n/a

>> Well the way you reacted to my idea seems like this is not a nice place...

I fail to see any rudeness or "not nice" comments directed at you in this thread. People just disagree with you, that's all.

>> Well the way you reacted to my idea seems like this is not a nice place...

I fail to see any rudeness or "not nice" comments directed at you in this thread. People just disagree with you, that's all.

My apologies but that's the way I felt on his reaction :) Please be reminded that it is just my "Suggestion". And though I believe that there is no bad suggestion. Only better :)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.