I'm currently browsing now using my Ipod touch and I wondered if there is a web app for mobile devices for Daniweb?

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

I don't think there is, but I'd also love to have one to make it easier to view DaniWeb on my new Galaxy tablet.

I don't think there is, but I'd also love to have one to make it easier to view DaniWeb on my new Galaxy tablet.

Yes It would be another plus for Daniweb if they have Mobile compatible web app.

Btw, nice Galaxy tablet you got there :) How much did you pay for it?

Not sure of any. It would sincerely pay off and i think it would also help in having more members active online.

We can always create one though.

commented: Who can? +0

It's been suggested before, but as far as I am aware remains fairly low on the Big List of Dani Priority Projects.

--> Who can?

Isn't it obvious? The one that suggested it will be the one that is doing it!

Good luck then :)

Btw, nice Galaxy tablet you got there :) How much did you pay for it?

Mine was pretty cheap because it was last year's model and the Sprint store wanted to get rid of it -- just like buying previous year's model car. As I recall it was somewhere around $125.00 USD. I also had them put Sprint on it so that I can use the web/email when not in range of a WIFI.

Creating the app now, what icon should I use? Any ideas or just use the daniweb favicon?

If you are *really* creating *that* app, the icon should be the least of your concerns... ;-)

I am already done.

--> Who can?

Isn't it obvious? The one that suggested it will be the one that is doing it!

Cool! Goodluck! :D

I am already done.

Mind if you show it to us after?

I am doing for android, can't sell it on the android market cost I need to pay. I try uploading the app on the net and see whether you guys can download it to your phone.

I am doing for android, can't sell it on the android market cost I need to pay. I try uploading the app on the net and see whether you guys can download it to your phone.

Oh... I'm using IPod touch :(

For me it would go long way just to daniweb to recognize mobile browser and leave out Forums, Threads words out of down menu, and maybe be able to move it up as touch screen control buttoms are down over the menu in Nokia E7 'Anna' update. Off course Home page with only Favorite menu and the buttons would be cool. Another helpfull alternative would be RSS feed not of threads but posts on threads.

Are you still doing this? I'm really keen to use something for my honeycomb tablet. I'd be up for trying to help out, although I don't have much time and I've never developed any mobile apps before, so I don't know if I'd be much use :-)

I am using a software to help me create the app so there isn't much programming. The problem now is that the app refresh time is very long and I do not know how to make it shorter. Searching the net for answers now...

weldone jingda

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.