Is anyone ever going to fix the dead link on

http://www.daniweb.com/community-center/daniweb-community-feedback/threads/10915

with the label

User Maintenance, General forum usage, Reading and posting messages.

I would really like to find the guide that explains the finer points of the Daniweb user interface. I think this is it but it had been dead for months. I've sent a couple of emails to no avail. I tried to contact the administrator (link on the dead link page) but the link to an Administrator also does not result in a way to contact the administrator.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

That page no longer exists. The link to it is within a really old forum post from 2004. It really wasn't anything specific aside from basic vBulletin guidance.

Then perhaps I'll just ask specific questions as they occur. For example, what is the function of "Permalink"?

It's the web link to the post itself. You could have just clicked it...

I did and it took me to where I already was. I asked my question because I thought I was missing something. After all, what exactly is the purpose of a "click to stay right where you are" link? Clicking just about anywhere else on the page accomplishes that. Or is its only purpose to allow me to right click and select "copy link location"?

> Or is its only purpose to allow me to right click and select "copy link location"?
That's the only purpose that I'm aware of. It allows you to link directly to the post.

I think I can with this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.