Dani, will you someday change the editor in the Report Bad Post link to use the same advanced editor that is used in other places, so that we can see the "insert link" and smily faces buttons? I could probably insert the tags manually but never seem to remember how to do it.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This most likely won't happen because I don't see the benefit of all the additional resources to make it easy for smiley faces to go into the reporting feature. We already have a problem with members incorrectly using the feature by posting questions/spam in it. I think that a full wysiwyg editor here will just confuse matters further instead of being what it is -- which is just a quick and easy way for members to help police the site.

I was thinkng more of insertng links to other threads such as when reporting duplicates. I realize smilies
would not be appropriate here.

If you just copy and paste a link, it should automatically convert to a hyperlink I believe. (Otherwise I guess you do need to wrap it in .)

I just tested it. (Check out the moderators' reported posts forum.) Links and yes, even smileys, automatically get converted.

Since I don't have access to the Moderator's Reported Posts forum I'll just take your word for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.