Member Avatar for diafol

Have just started donating again. However, sponsor rights not displayed. Suppose I have to wait a while?

Anyway, thought I might have to logout and login again. Tried logging out and I got to a screen saying 'cookies cleared' and do I want to go back to the previous page or to the index. I'm still logged in. Can't seem to log out

A

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

>> I'm still logged in. Can't seem to log out

I have the same problem on Ubuntu + FF. What OS and browser are you using?

Member Avatar for diafol

Win7 and Chrome. Haven't tried on other browsers - shouldn't have thought that would be browser-specific - surely? I'll give IE a whirl - God can't believe I just said that...

//EDIT

darn just logged in with IE, and it won't let me log out with that either.

Windows 7, Google Chrome. No problem logging out. When you log out you should see this screen

>> When you log out you should see this screen

It does. Unfortunately when I re-visit Daniweb after that screen, I'm still logged in.

Logging out shouldn't affect your sponsorship privileges, though. Are you sure that the payment went through, because vBulletin doesn't show you as a paying sponsor.

>> When you log out you should see this screen

It does. Unfortunately when I re-visit Daniweb after that screen, I'm still logged in.

I just tried it and had no problems. Logged out, closed browser then started again. I had to log back in. Maybe you need to clear your browser's catch (that's always Dani's answer to me, which almost always solves the problems).

Member Avatar for diafol
Logging out shouldn't affect your sponsorship privileges, though. Are you sure that the payment went through, because vBulletin doesn't show you as a paying sponsor.

Yep saw the payment go through - twice! I wasn't going to mention it, coz I felt a fool for pressing the button again when I saw there was no change in the status.

Member Avatar for diafol

I just tried it and had no problems. Logged out, closed browser then started again. I had to log back in. Maybe you need to clear your browser's catch (that's always Dani's answer to me, which almost always solves the problems).

Nope, cleared cache - still nothing doing. I'm stuck in DW! In all of my browsers! And my smartphone.

I can think of worse places to get stuck... :icon_twisted:

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, my smartphone suddenly allowed me to log out this morning. Progress!

By manually clearing your cookies, you should be able to logout.

Nope, cleared cache - still nothing doing. I'm stuck in DW! In all of my browsers! And my smartphone.

Uninstall MS-Windows, reformat the hard drive, then reinstall MS-Windows. That should do it :) (just kidding)

Member Avatar for diafol

By manually clearing your cookies, you should be able to logout.

Crickey - that's a fiddle. Anyway, did that, still no banana. Cleared cache, deleted coockies...

It's impossible for you to still be logged in after deleting your cookies.

Member Avatar for diafol

Hmmm. I'll try again.

//YEP - you're right - I had to delete them manually as noted previously (doh!). I used chrome to delete all data, but seems not to have done a good job. :(

Any news on my donation Dani?

Hi ardav,

If you look at the PayPal screenshot you attached, although you paid twice, it also says "Payment Cancelled" twice.

Member Avatar for diafol

Both are completed as far as I can see, the only things that are cancelled are one lot of subscription creation and one lot of subscription cancellation.
It still shows one subscription as being active, but when I look at my subscriptions, you aren't there.

Freaky - I only cancelled one subscription. OK, will get onto it. WIll have to do without Area51 for a bit longer :)

How long does it take for sponsor rights to appear after donating anyway?

> How long does it take for sponsor rights to appear after donating anyway?
Up to an hour.

Member Avatar for diafol

Ok thanks will try again

Member Avatar for diafol
> How long does it take for sponsor rights to appear after donating anyway? Up to an hour.

Well, 7 hours later...

It shows payment went through 25 Nov 2011 at 00:31:15 GMT

Member Avatar for diafol

Ta :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.