Have just started donating again. However, sponsor rights not displayed. Suppose I have to wait a while?

Anyway, thought I might have to logout and login again. Tried logging out and I got to a screen saying 'cookies cleared' and do I want to go back to the previous page or to the index. I'm still logged in. Can't seem to log out

A

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by diafol
Featured Replies
  • [QUOTE=ardav;1697753]Nope, cleared cache - still nothing doing. I'm stuck in DW! In all of my browsers! And my smartphone.[/QUOTE] Uninstall MS-Windows, reformat the hard drive, then reinstall MS-Windows. That should do it :) (just kidding) Read More

>> I'm still logged in. Can't seem to log out

I have the same problem on Ubuntu + FF. What OS and browser are you using?

Win7 and Chrome. Haven't tried on other browsers - shouldn't have thought that would be browser-specific - surely? I'll give IE a whirl - God can't believe I just said that...

//EDIT

darn just logged in with IE, and it won't let me log out with that either.

Edited by diafol: n/a

Windows 7, Google Chrome. No problem logging out. When you log out you should see this screen

Edited by Ancient Dragon: n/a

Attachments Untitled.jpg 70.48 KB

>> When you log out you should see this screen

It does. Unfortunately when I re-visit Daniweb after that screen, I'm still logged in.

Logging out shouldn't affect your sponsorship privileges, though. Are you sure that the payment went through, because vBulletin doesn't show you as a paying sponsor.

>> When you log out you should see this screen

It does. Unfortunately when I re-visit Daniweb after that screen, I'm still logged in.

I just tried it and had no problems. Logged out, closed browser then started again. I had to log back in. Maybe you need to clear your browser's catch (that's always Dani's answer to me, which almost always solves the problems).

Logging out shouldn't affect your sponsorship privileges, though. Are you sure that the payment went through, because vBulletin doesn't show you as a paying sponsor.

Yep saw the payment go through - twice! I wasn't going to mention it, coz I felt a fool for pressing the button again when I saw there was no change in the status.

Attachments Screenshot_1.png 96.41 KB

I just tried it and had no problems. Logged out, closed browser then started again. I had to log back in. Maybe you need to clear your browser's catch (that's always Dani's answer to me, which almost always solves the problems).

Nope, cleared cache - still nothing doing. I'm stuck in DW! In all of my browsers! And my smartphone.

OK, my smartphone suddenly allowed me to log out this morning. Progress!

Nope, cleared cache - still nothing doing. I'm stuck in DW! In all of my browsers! And my smartphone.

Uninstall MS-Windows, reformat the hard drive, then reinstall MS-Windows. That should do it :) (just kidding)

By manually clearing your cookies, you should be able to logout.

Crickey - that's a fiddle. Anyway, did that, still no banana. Cleared cache, deleted coockies...

Hmmm. I'll try again.

//YEP - you're right - I had to delete them manually as noted previously (doh!). I used chrome to delete all data, but seems not to have done a good job. :(

Any news on my donation Dani?

Hi ardav,

If you look at the PayPal screenshot you attached, although you paid twice, it also says "Payment Cancelled" twice.

Both are completed as far as I can see, the only things that are cancelled are one lot of subscription creation and one lot of subscription cancellation.
It still shows one subscription as being active, but when I look at my subscriptions, you aren't there.

Freaky - I only cancelled one subscription. OK, will get onto it. WIll have to do without Area51 for a bit longer :)

How long does it take for sponsor rights to appear after donating anyway?

> How long does it take for sponsor rights to appear after donating anyway?
Up to an hour.

Ok thanks will try again

> How long does it take for sponsor rights to appear after donating anyway? Up to an hour.

Well, 7 hours later...

It shows payment went through 25 Nov 2011 at 00:31:15 GMT

Attachments Screenshot_1.png 16.13 KB
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.