Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your webpage? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks a lot!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You may quote and reference Daniweb content, but you may not reproduce the content. The difference is that a quote is a relatively small part of an article written in your own words, and reproduction is a large scale copy/paste of our content with little or none of your own.

You may quote and reference Daniweb content, but you may not reproduce the content. The difference is that a quote is a relatively small part of an article written in your own words, and reproduction is a large scale copy/paste of our content with little or none of your own.

Actually, a paraphrase is "relatively small part of an article written in your own words". A quote is a relatively small part of an article taken verbatim.

Feel free to directly quote a sentence or two as long as you link back to the page that was quoted. However, please don't duplicate our content in its entirety.

Actually, a paraphrase is "relatively small part of an article written in your own words". A quote is a relatively small part of an article taken verbatim.

I hadn't considered that interpretation. What I meant was "a quote is a relatively small part of an article otherwise written in your own words". That is, the quote is verbatim, but it's contained within an article that's not verbatim and the quote is a relatively small part of the total article.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.