DaniWeb has always been very CSS'ed. However, the nature of forums just makes it nearly impossible to create a tableless design. Nevertheless, I've gone one step further this morning and CSS'ed the main body table holding all of the main content. The site should look the same, but it's now coded with div tags instead of tables. It seemed to work on IE 6, the latest version of Firefox, and the latest version of Safari for me. However, I would love if anyone who is experiencing any quirks to let me know (ie Opera users, etc). Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Update: Would LOVE if someone using Opera could take a screenshot and post it here.

Update: Would LOVE if someone using Opera could take a screenshot and post it here.

Just testing the qoute. I don't know if I've made mistakes the last few times, but the quote box looked weird.

Yeah, you should darken that up a little.

The quote box used to have a grey border around it. I ditched it because, well, I think it looks nicer this way LOL. Now it matches the pale orange used elsewhere on the site. No good?

It's the color. I truthfully can't even see it (maybe it's the high resolution I'm running). I don't care about the border, but I would change the color. What about the gray color on the buttons? Like the menus and reply buttons? I think that would look good.

I just now saw the color. I have to slant my monitor.

Yep. it's invisible on most LCD's.

I liked the previous quote tags.

Did you change the quote box quickly, looks ok to me, (CRT & LCD).

I cant see the quote box in my home computer but can see it in my work computer. Both use LCD monitors. The new one looks good. Pity that I cant see it at home though.

I cant see the quote box in my home computer but can see it in my work computer. Both use LCD monitors. The new one looks good. Pity that I cant see it at home though.

Okay. Changed the constrast, actually reduced it to 0. Now I can see the quote box at home too. :D

I hate to tell ya, but I changed the color of the quote box from pale yellow to a medium purple. :)

It looks gray to me ;) For some reason my monitor is rendering your quote colors very weird. If I scroll up, I can see it really well. If I scroll down, then it starts to fade.

I'm not.. I just think it's weird. I can see it just fine so there's no need to change it. The other color, on the other hand, did need a change. I couldn't see that at all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.