Well! I came to know about Daniweb IRC very recently. And would like to join the party. But i heard that it is only possible in Mozilla Firefox. So is this true? And can i use IRC chat in chrome, if yes, How?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

AFAICT, the web client works across all browsers (assuming you have no "blocking" plugins installed). Give this link a try and let us know how it goes.

commented: Thanks +0

After getting rid of some running plugins, i got it running. But......The thing is, i am the only active one there..... Anyway Thanks.....

But......The thing is, i am the only active one there.....

Yes, IRC hasn't grown much because every new person joins and then leaves in disgust at how inactive it is, thus continuing the vicious cycle. :icon_rolleyes:

> After getting rid of some running plugins, i got it running. But......The thing is, i am the only active one there..... Anyway Thanks....

As already mentioned, you need to just hang in there and greet anyone who joins in hope that it might spark an interesting conversation. IRC works a bit different from things like Google/Yahoo/Facebook chat. :)

About the lack of activity in IRC. I would blame it on the lack of publicity.

I didn't knew something like that even existed, until i went on adventure mode and stumbled on to a rather old thread by Narue.

So my suggestion would be to give some publicity for it. Maybe you can highlight its presence at the bottom Violet bar or in community center drop-down menu.

It would have been great if IRC was really active. :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.