I happen to read through some good posts by someone, and just as being appreciative, i pressed on Up-Arrow (positive arrow). For some time like 1 or 2, it worked fine, but later As soon as i pressed it, both arrows disappeared. It happened like 2 or 3 times with the same person (He is a mod).

I don't think its a vote limiter in Daniweb, if it were, it would have been just limited to reps, there would not have been any problem in up-voting alone, right?

So what is causing this?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

do you mean you tried to up vote the same post more than one ? or multiple posts in the same thread ?

I've found the UP/DOWN arrows to be flaky at best. Though they don't disappear for me most of the time, when I click one half the time nothing happens.

I've found the UP/DOWN arrows to be flaky at best. Though they don't disappear for me most of the time, when I click one half the time nothing happens.

Bingo! I told it was for a mod, Well it was about you. I tried up-votes two times(Not consecutive) and they just disappeared. And tried up-voting two of your posts today, it worked. It only happened with you so-far, anyway i will let you know, if it happens with someone else too

There are no daily limits to the number of simple up/down votes by clicking the arrows, but you can only add reputation to a particular user once per day.

Bingo! I told it was for a mod, Well it was about you. I tried up-votes two times(Not consecutive) and they just disappeared... It only happened with you so-far...

The system obviously doesn't me to get a swelled head. I'll start leaking brain all over the keyboard...

And tried up-voting two of your posts today, it worked.

Yay! Bigger rep numbers! I feel the swelling!!! :icon_mrgreen:

commented: That's just a pimple.... +0

Votes need to be spaced apart by 10(?) seconds. If you do it any more rapidly than that, you have to refresh the page. This is done to prevent scripts, bots, your sister, etc., from rapidly down or upvoting posts.

Votes need to be spaced apart by 10(?) seconds. If you do it any more rapidly than that, you have to refresh the page. This is done to prevent scripts, bots, your sister, etc., from rapidly down or upvoting posts.

Now that seems to be the answer. Well considering i encountered it at the geek's lounge, where you can see some non-technical good posts in less than 10 sec, up-voting can get repeated i guess. :P

Thanks.......

Now that you've figured it out, go back and up-vote more of my posts! :icon_twisted:

Now that you've figured it out, go back and up-vote more of my posts! :icon_twisted:

LOL! Never thought you were this humorous.....But still you are great & Keep up the good work.....

Member Avatar for diafol

Has WaltP opened a second account under the name of Captain Jake? :)

Has WaltP opened a second account under the name of Captain Jake? :)

OMG! That was really funny. This place is awesome...:D

I didn't mean i always up-vote his post, just that i encountered it when i did that at his post only. Thats all. And it was at geek's Lounge....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.