It was just poorly designed I guess.

Thank god I wasn't the one who wrote the private messaging subsystem...oh wait, it was me. ;)

By the way, I'd like to upload an avatar but don't remember the limitations i.e. max. kilobytes/pixels?

Current limitations are GIF, JPG, or PNG at up to 640x480 or 500kb to upload. From there we'll resize down to 80x80. It looks like that resize isn't working properly, because I get a broken image in all cases. Chalk up another bug for the list. ;)

mitrmkar commented: Thanks +0

It looks like that resize isn't working properly, because I get a broken image in all cases. Chalk up another bug for the list. ;)

It's not resize that wasn't working. There was a problem in the way the migration script handled avatars. It saved their path in the file system as a relative URL, while new avatars being uploaded were saved as an absolute URL. Therefore, only one or the other were working at a time until I went ahead and standardized the format in the database. I updated SVN when I did it ;)

Booya. :)

Damn, how to add code snipet?
I got it, even if its a bit lame.

Not its not the same way. Its more awkward then before - at least for me. But I need some time, and I wont even notice the difference.

Before you could put tags and then paste immediately, now you
not avoid painting your codee and after that pushing the code button.

Oh sorry. I thought you meant contributing a code snippet to the code snippet library. Not putting code in a post ... yes, the system is different for that :)

Don't worry ... documentation to follow soon and you'll see what I mean ...

Both my browsers, Opera Mobile and Nokia's browser, do not like the post editing of the new editor. This new comment seems almost work, c Emphasized Text Here

Member Avatar for diafol

Using Chrome (latest version) on W7. Getting code format flicker on page load. I.e. the page originally shows in unformatted mode and then the styling kicks in about half a second later. Perhaps not a major issue, but a little distracting nonetheless.

Dani, I stil camt change any of tyhe checkbox options in my profile without getting "Unable to access an error message corresponding to your field name." and I really want to turn off ads.

Now code copy seems to work, only you should not be afraid to paint the line numbers also, they do not come to clipboard.

Specifically, when a single-quote is used to include a comment at the end of a code line, the parser seems to erroneously highlight the following line as comment.

Unfortunately the parser that we used to convert bbcode to the new format is anything but perfect. :(

The code copy paste problem is maybe related, my code, which I could not find before, but now with the better search feature could find Recursive wildcard is not copy pasting properly, even some other codes copy paste OK.

There is of course now slew of newbie posting advice for old code tags, mine could be found normally by searching **[CODE]** in posts, and marked out of date.

Double-click on code to copy/paste it.

Neat :)! How about Hover tip with this advice over the code tagged region?

BTW it would be nice if after posting reply and hitting the refresh, the new reply box would not contain your last posted text ready to double post.

BTW it would be nice if after posting reply and hitting the refresh, the new reply box would not contain your last posted text ready to double post.

This is a browser setting. We clear out the box upon hitting submit. That's the best we can do without refreshing the entire page.

Double-click on code to copy/paste it.

Great :) That answers my previous question about that topic. That is a litte easier than previous version of DW.

Test case for the search bug:
Search word input, Forum --Python, Type of Article: Discussion
Find nothing
Clear Type of Article -> works.

The checkboxes in my profile are working now. Thanks, Dani :)

Test case for the search bug

We are using Google's search algorithm. Blame Google. Always blame Google.

Would be quite nice it when you went into a thread, it went to the last page?

It does when you click on the link to the last post ;)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have pasted some codes in my recent thread but some lines of codes are not showing after posting. When I have tried to edit that post, I have seen codes are there.

My post in this thread is listed in my posts currently voted down, although the post score is 0. Not sure whether this is correct or not, but it is a bit confusing. I think the old terminology was posts currently negative?

Layout oddity in user profile page: in the 'where does happygeek post?' section the word 'post?' has overflowed onto the list of forums displayed (stays there no matter how I enlarge/decrease etxt and across both IE9 and Chrome.

Mark forum read slow response time, had to actually refresh page to see the change.
I do not see mod section in drop down, have to always search for last post since I cannot remember direct url

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.