Oh. No, that feature most likely won't make it into my version, sorry.

Actually I also never used this feature as it is difficult to read thread in opposite direction and you can anyway jump to last message easily from title line in list.

Welcome back sticky threads to forms by the way and the hover quick info stuff is nice to have back also.

Snappier editing experience with more newbie friendly code quoting and everything starts to be quite well in place!

Well done, Dani and the team!

I can't save edit changes in posts. I cleared browsing history but that didn't help.

Back to a previous bug that was fixed but now broken again. I can't save changes to my post.

I'm sorry ... I was making changes to the posts table in the database, and that locked the entire posts table for a good 20 minutes. :(

Looks like all my posts were queued up because they are all there now.

Yes, the posts table was locked while the query was executing, meaning it was in read-only mode. I thought it would only be a little sluggish for 30 seconds. I wasn't expecting a bloody half hour of read-only mode!

Now look at me! I'm talking like Davey! :-P

Private Messages: I read a message, decide not to reply immediately, do something else, return to my Inbox - The message has GONE! Auto-delete-on-read - surely not, never ever! This must be a bug.

I think the way it works is that if you have other "unread" PM in your mail box, those are pushed to the top. So if you move between pages in your inbox, maybe moving to the last page or moving to the first "read" PM, you might be able to find your PM. I have my own share of problems with the inbox but auto-deletion is not one of them. :)

How do we add an attachment to a post? Or is this a future enhancement?

How do we add an attachment to a post?

In the post editor there's a button called Files. Click that guy to bring up the attachment view, and from there it's your typical file upload process.

~s.o.s.~ thank you. You are so right.

The trouble was that any old vBulletin PMs came across to the new system as unread regardless of whether thay had been read or not. So when I saw "Private Messages (98)" in the page header then read 3 of them and noticed "Private Messages (95)", it appeared that three had been deleted on the misunderstanding that the number realted to "total messages" rather than "unread messages".

Now I guess I need to "Mark All Messages Read" and I should be back to where I left off with vBulletin .... Yes, that worked.

Cscgal, not a bug but maybe one for the new system's FAQ.

BTW: Has the new system got a name? "daniBB" or "vDani" maybe?

With thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes - Airshow

Cscgal, not a bug but maybe one for the new system's FAQ.

It's really only an issue if you have multiple pages of private messages, which the majority of members don't. However, with that said, improved filtering of private messages is on my todo list. ;)

BTW: Has the new system got a name? "daniBB" or "vDani" maybe?

I guess it's called...Daniweb. :D Given that the system is 100% tailored to Daniweb's needs and there's no intention of productizing it, there's really no need for a productish name.

Oh c'mon. That is SO not a reason to not give the platform a cool name.

I said there's no need for a name, not that we'd refuse to use a really cool one. ;)

Maybe you should have a contest to see who can come up the the best name. And maybe you should sell it as a competitor to vBulletin

Like DaniMo (~ dynamo) and Mo, what it could mean, My own support site... (anybody remember those magneto-optical drives? ;) )

DaniForum
DaniComm
DWBB
vDani

Not so sure about DWBB. Looks too much like dweeb.

commented: lol +0

I'm happy to see the "Empty Inbox" and "Empty Outbox" buttons in our PMs :) Thanks for that nice feature Dani, the vBulleting method was always such a big hassle to do that.

Actually ... on second thought, vBulletin did have a link to mass-delete PMs. Didn't it?

Yep, but it only did a page (25 entries) at a time whereas the new system nukes everything. Which is slightly problematical when you have 4800 PMs including a handful you would like to keep :)

Votes are not being counted. This was happening even before, if user made a vote +1, and did NOT write anything, the voting didnt count to your total points.
But if he did write some comment beside a vote, the +1 was countd into your total.
I see the same here (in the new version of daniweb).

Or am I only imagine this? Iam asking this, becuase I am on +613 since new version, and I go plenty of votes.

Votes and reputation are different things. Reputation points get added when someone adds a comment to the 'vote' but only then outside of the community center forums. Votes are just that, an indiciation of the popularity or otherwise of a posting determined by those members who can be bothered to click the button, and nothing more.

I see, I thought there is a difference. thx mate.

Unfortunately, it's outside the scope of this system to design a button labeled "Only Delete what Davey wants Deleted"

But global inverse selection could help him, or staring of the ones he wants to keep (immunized to deletion)

This is intentional. The asterisk is a special character used to italicize text. For example, *italic*. You need to escape the asterisk if you want to use it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.