See my last two or three posts here: http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/c/threads/418582/system-function-problem

When I enter "d.mkv" the editor removes everything but d.mkv. Not good when posting code.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

See, it did it again in the above post. Hould have been (without spaces) "% 0 2 d.mkv"

Now lets try it with code tags
"d.mkv"

^^^ failed

"d.mkv"backquoted try

\"d".mkv\" <<< test with back quote

^^^ failed

You posted in that thread you don't have an edit button? Why not?

All I see is Show Comments and Flag Bad Post. No edit button.

All I see is Show Comments and Flag Bad Post. No edit button.

Ok, so now I see Edit Post and Flag Bad Post on the above two posts. But I still don't get Edit buttons on C forum

[edit]Correction: I see it now. You must have been in the process of changing it when I posted this.

[edit]Correction: I see it now. You must have been in the process of changing it when I posted this.

I swear I didn't change anything related to the Edit button since we launched.

Probably permissions then.

The edit button seems to require a number of page refreshing and/or leaving and coming back to the thread.

Also, I have no idea what you intended to initially write in your d.mkv example.
You should refer to this page about the syntax rules. I think what you are looking for is the inline code (or code span) which requires one or two backticks (or "accent aïgu") to bracket the code. "d.mkv" (one backtick around the "code")

EDIT: nevermind, you're right the percent 0 and 2 combination always disappears completely, the escaping with backslash doesn't help it.

Test

Test 

Test

&lt;edit&gt; Hmm okay I'll investigate.

Probably permissions then.

Our permissions problem was solved yesterday.

I think I figured out the edit button problem. I'm using Chrome and have to hit the page refresh button in order to get the edit button to show up.

In Opera, after posting it shows Show Comments, after refresh Edit Post

I think I figured out the edit button problem. I'm using Chrome and have to hit the page refresh button in order to get the edit button to show up.

Yes, the edit button does not appear for freshly-made posts.

AD, I am still working on the % 0 2 problem. The good news is it is not a bug with our parser! The bad news is that it is being converted to a space either by our editor or by the form submission process itself. It disappears the second it hits the PHP script before it even goes through the post parsing process. What a tongue twister!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.