Do you get paid whenever I click one of the ads ? The reason I'm asking is because I want to decide whether to turn them off or not. Some of the ads seem to be worthwhile reading so if it will bring you more revenue then I might just leave the ads turned on.

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

Do you get paid whenever I click one of the ads ? The reason I'm asking is because I want to decide whether to turn them off or not.

For most ads, I get paid when you see them, not just when you click. However, since advertisers are paying for eyeballs, they want a high click-to-view ratio when deciding whether to renew their campaigns. Therefore, if you are always on DaniWeb and visit a lot of pages, but you NEVER click, you are lowering the performance ratio, which factors into an advertiser's decision whether or not to renew their campaign with us.

Some of the ads seem to be worthwhile reading so if it will bring you more revenue then I might just leave the ads turned on.

If you find they are a value add for you, then leave them on. If you find them only overly annoying and obnoxious, turn them off. Personally, I have always left ads enabled because I need to constantly monitor their performance and make sure they are working correctly. However, I quite often am interested in them as well, and they don't bother me.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.