Naturally, I don't notice the typo until just after I commit the post. With the old system, I was able to click "Edit" to immediately correct the typo. Now I must leave the page and return to it to get the Edit option. Also, it seems a little counter intuitive to have to click the other "Edit" link to commit the changes. Wouldn't it make more sense to label that control "Save", after all, by clicking the first "Edit" I am already in Edit mode.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

With the old system, I was able to click "Edit" to immediately correct the typo.

Will look into this :)

Wouldn't it make more sense to label that control "Save"

Hmm, I'll think about it. :)

With the old system, I was able to click "Edit" to immediately correct the typo.

Bug fixed. It was a ridiculously stupid bug that only existed because, as the Admin, I always see the Edit link no matter what, so I had no clue that no one else was seeing it.

Could be usefull to have test user acccount
"Dani de Bug" ;)

For mobile posting I seem to be able to write and back space in Opera Mobile, not remove styles or jump in text.
Update Now Opera editing with touch screen from Nokia seems to work, but the Edit Post (should be Confirm Edit) button does nothing.

In Nokia browser I get plain text box, but posting button does nothing.

Now posting started to work from mobile without doing anything.

Even I have now nice "Greater" Dani logo of the greatest not overtechnical programmers forum DaniWeb in use in my PC, long time it wanted to keep the old favicon, but I cleared my PC's browser caches and it started to use the new one (even Chrome does not use it at address line but only tab, but it is the browser's style everywhere).

At least it works ;) And the favicon is ugly anyways.

I think it is improvement over the old db 'database'. Here one more variation!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.