good morning Daniwebbers!

I have a rather unique problem going on in this new message box.

seems when i use the enter key to start a new sentence, the locality cursor does not move to a new line.

what happens is the text will continue on the same line- but duplicate repeatedly underneath the current line i am texting on.

so- first thing i did was run multiple scans for viruses and such which all came back clean.

so then i went to a complete different location (my husbands office) and on a brand new system- i logged in here and tried the message box- and it did the same thing.

THE only way i can seem to make a new line or a new paragraph is AFTER i have typed my message...i can then go to my mouse and click where i want to start the new line at and then use the enter key to cut the line there..that is what i have done in this message- in case you are wondering how this message is coming out okay..

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ~s.o.s~

hey Cscgal :), this started happening about 2 days ago and i am using ie 8 /windows xp AND also on windows 7 (can boot into both)- the fact that it is happening on every system i can get my hands on is very strange indeed!

Please clear your temporary internet files and tell me if the problem is still happening. I changed something.

hi Csgal, this is the second thread abt the same problem, will you please tell what was causing it.... Just out of curiosity....

this is the second thread abt the same problem, will you please tell what was causing it.... Just out of curiosity....

Possibly old Javascript files/site resources given that the problem goes away after clearing the brower cache.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.