***Hello All,

I've e-mailed about this several times and searched the whole website but I can't find a way to remove myself/ delete my profile/ cut ties with Dani Web, I dont reserch this sort of stuff much and dont know very much about the vast array of information on this site but i did join one when trying to rectify something. That was more than 5 years ago and I can't find a way to bow out of this sign-up.

If someone could please advise I would really appreciate the assistance. i just dont like to have thigns linger on without utilizing said resources.

Many Thanks,

Brenda***

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can not undo membership, but you can stop receiving emails from DaniWeb if you so desire from EDIT PROFILE

commented: How about changing ones username to something less public/ searchable? Mine is my first and last name and I really don’t want/ need this to be so available; especially when I don’t even want membership on this website. +0

I am frustrated.

That seems to be a very strange policy. Why would one be permanently linked to a website? I mean I see the proud boasting of the number of members on Dani web in the upper left hand corner but one would hope this is a result of willing members not people entering into an unbreakable connection with the site.

On the rules and regulations it appears that the blocking of ones Dani Web membership is threatened if negative behaviors/ statements are shared. If this possibility exists why wouldn’t there be an option to end your connection/ subscription to the site by choice?

How about changing ones username to something less public/ searchable? Mine is my first and last name and I really don’t want/ need this to be so available; especially when I don’t even want membership on this website.

that could be done by an admin

I am frustrated.

That seems to be a very strange policy. Why would one be permanently linked to a website?

a lot is explained here especially near the end of the article

Why would one be permanently linked to a website?

Because we send bulk emails and need to prove that everyone we've sent an email to has opted into it by registering. It's equally effective to remove all personal information from your profile (some of which, such as changing your user name can be accomplished with the help of an admin), unchecking all options that would cause us to automatically send you emails, then never logging in again.

Feel free to PM me with options for a new user name, and I'll be happy to make all of these changes for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.