Can you please replace text fields in Edit profile for short bio and others to text area? Editing of more then 20 characters data is just impossible in current state

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

That's why it's called a short bio.

So where am I supposed to share some intersting stuff, for example I do have in bio list of books that I read and communities that I participate in, or recommend others to do so.
Secondly if you insist on one-liner then take out PC spec because it fails purpose of serious hardware nut like me and I'm sure many others.

So where am I supposed to share some intersting stuff, for example I do have in bio list of books that I read and communities that I participate in, or recommend others to do so.

In the forums? In fact, there are already a number of threads here where members are sharing and discussing interesting books they've read.

Forum topics are for public, my profile is public, but personal. Something what I'm interested and other cannot talk into it.

don't you have a blog? with that you can just post the link on your signature, or maybe in your short bio as well .. in that way also you can discuss about yourself freely and as i can recall you can disable the comment portion if you want to. that would be public but personal .. isn't that okay?!?

commented: Quite on the point +0

For 'My PC Specs', or whatever it was called, part how about short multiple selection for Windows/Linux/Mac/Mobile/Other etc so the nuts need not be frustrated to not fit in the speed and type of their graphics card or kWs of their power suply to the text field? ;)

For what it's worth, I've had a few PMs come in from new members (who get a personalised welcome message from me) complaining that there isn't enough space to properly list their PC specs. As a geek myself, I can feel their pain :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.