I have had problems with the Dani Web page opening today, I keep getting the 404 Error File Not Found message, and have to go back to the start page and try again, so far it has worked on the second attempt. Hopefully a moderator will see this.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

This actually happened to me yesterday out of nowhere. I didn't change anything and I haven't experienced the problem at all today. I can't figure out what caused it and it's nearly impossible for me to duplicate to ask my webhost. To be honest, until you posted this, I thought it was just me.

I left and just came back, and it didn't occur this time, I'm thinking grimlins. :rolleyes:

I had an error accessing the site yesterday, didn't really read it, and got back in on second attempt.

Spooooky

I had the same thing happen to me. I swear I opened the home page but it took me to profile.php and said file not found. Not sure why it took me to that page.

Same thing for me to. Tried to go to the home page, yet it took me to.

www.daniweb.com/profile.php

Hasn't happened since though.

Thinking about that profile thing, I did have some problems accessing my Control Panel, and posting messages a while ago. I had been away for a few days, and got a permissions error, thought I had been banned, or account locked or something similar :(

This is so strange. There is no mention of profile.php anywhere in the homepage php code. One problem at a time, Marty :) This only happens when trying to access the homepage, right?

I think I got down to the bottom of the problem ... or at least, A problem. :) I was accidentally using the relative URL "profile.php" instead of the absolute URL "/techtalkforums/profile.php" when calling the script to adjust daylight savings time. I never caught this typo because it's not everyday that the forum system automatically calls the DST script :) Does it work now or is there another problem lurking around?

Seems to be back for me, no more problems. Thanks :)

Oh, and in case it matters I never had a problem with my CP like Marty around the time it started happen.

Yup its fixed for me too! I was going to post about this yesterday but didnt. Im glad you got it fixed :)

One problem at a time, Marty

Sry, got carried away :(

I never caught this typo because it's not everyday that the forum system automatically calls the DST script

Pesky DST, first you get up at 6am, and now this, pfft, ....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.