5 am and I lost track of time! No sleep for Dani!

I made some massive changes to member profiles. Most of the changes are cosmetic, but there are two noticeable differences:

1. Activity points is now all time instead of just for today, because it was getting a little creepy stalkerish
  2. The top lists are now more integrated into member profiles

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

Like it!! Specially the rankings on the headers of the sections

Just noticed, the contact info is now hidden... Any specific reason as to why?

Sorry, was changing something and then reverted back. Check again.

There they are :D Everything else looks awesome!

I did have to re-enter my info... And the textboxes for the contact info render empty when I go to the edit profile page.

I did have to re-enter my info... And the textboxes for the contact info render empty when I go to the edit profile page.

Huh? Why did you have to re-enter your info??

I don't know, the contact info was blank after you told me to check... Thought I hadn't entered them, but halfaw through editing my profile I remembered I had. I then edited my profile again (the Google+ url was too long) and it had cleared the info again.

Hmm ... seriously?! When you go to edit your profile right now, is everything filled out?

Can anyone else duplicate this behavior? I can't :(

I can't anymore either... Perhaps it was only right after the changes you made... Still, it'd be useful if anyone checked their contact info/edited their profile to see if this is happenning... Still, pretty weird

I went back to activity points just being for today. I remembered we don't store all activity points indefinitely due to storage limitations. Oopsies.

I don't see any changes to my profile page.

You just don't notice all the differences ;) Activity points for all time (yes, I figured out a way), better integration with member rank, and now a screenshot of your webpage if you have one specified in your profile.

The homepage screenshot is nice, but in my profile it shows the screenshot of my department's homepage (Center for Intelligent Machines, McGill), not my homepage. Maybe it is due to the tilde sign in the URL:
http://cim.mcgill.ca/~mpersson

Very nicely done!

Maybe it is due to the tilde sign in the URL

Unfortunately I think that's the case.

You just don't notice all the differences ;)

Are you talking about the link Edit Profile??

I think I'm going to go ahead with it! I really feel like I've outgrown the alias "cscgal", which I came up with when I was 17 as the license plate for my first car. (I didn't make it into an Internet alias until about 4 years later.) I'm sick of people thinking it's SCSCgal, CSGal, SCGal, etc ... Usually I get csgal and they leave off the second 'c'. This would fit in line with me changing my email address to dani@daniwebmail.com from cscgal@daniwebmail.com a few months ago.

I think I'm going to go ahead with it

with what? Did I miss something? Your name change to Dani would be better IMHO :)

Go ahead with changing my name. Which I did.

csgal is dead, long live Dani! ;)

Sorry to be a party-pooper but the changes don't look good enough. Not sure how it looks on your computer, but on mine, the profile looks pretty bland. There is no visual difference between the item (e.g. Join Date) and its corresponding value (e.g. 6 years ago). Maybe have the keys be shown in a different font/style from the corresponding values?

They show different colors on chrome. Join date is light grey and the date itself is purple. I actually wish all the text throught DaniWeb were a darker color to make it easier on the eyes to read. I have to strain to read it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.