Member Avatar for LastMitch

Hi

I'm just curious. Few days I didn't notice it was there. I notice now. Does it work? I did click it. Maybe I'm see things.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

You can now log into the site with either your existing credentials or with Facebook.

OK, I didn't know, thanks.

It's a new feature, as of last weekend.

Ahhhh. So now I can legatimately have two different login names with the same email (Ancient Dragon and mel.stober) :)

You're not using the same email address for both of them. IF YOU WERE, Facebook would have automatically logged you into your Ancient Dragon account. You would then be able to switch back and forth between Facebook login and traditional login to the AD account.

AD's email is ancient.dragon@<snip>.com
mel.stober (and facebook) are mel@<snip>.com

Addendum:

The way the Facebook Login feature works is, upon being clicked, it acquires your Facebook email address. Then, if there is a matching DaniWeb member with the same email address, it logs you in. Otherwise, if there are no matches, it creates a new account for you based on that email address. Then, upon subsequent clicks to the Facebook Login, it does find a match from then on and proceeds to log you in.

Regardless of whether your account was created through the Facebook Login, or you've been a member for ten years, you can always log in both ways, and alternate between them. The only caveat is that if the account was created for you, you need to first create a password for yourself in your profile to do normal login.

Oh I'm wrong -- each name is with different email accounts, I thoght they were the same account, but they aren't.

It would be nice if you put the standard Facebook login button in the purple ribbin at the very top when not logged in so that people can easily see that he/she can login with Facebook.

It would be nice if you put the standard Facebook login button in the purple ribbin at the very top when not logged in so that people can easily see that he/she can login with Facebook.

It is??

Member Avatar for diafol

I'm confused. Didn't I remember you saying that having multiple accounts or aliases was against the rules? Will this encourage multiple accounts if emails are different?

Huh, like this. That's really weird.

Will this encourage multiple accounts if emails are different?

That's exactly what happened to me. But then members could always do that. Its only a problem if the member gets banned for one reason or another -- ban one account and all accounts by that member get banned when found. At least that's the way it worked when I was a mod.

@Dani

It's a new nice feature but what AD & Ardav did looks weirds. Shouldn't anyone login as their Username & not their real name on Facebook. That's why I was a bit curious I don't have any more Facebook. It's just that I by accident click the link. I thought it was the member login account and I didn't realize that there was another link to login to Daniweb.

Thanks AD & Ardav for bring up the issue. I didn't know how to explain or how to ask Dani this question but both of you brought it up it, it's good question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.