Member Avatar for LastMitch

Hi,

I realized that you have a new pop up log-in? It's for members and facebook account too plus new members. Where do you come up with these ideas? I kinda like it. Nice design! But it's just annoying when I click back a page and it pops up again. Are you not letting non-members reading the forum? So if they register they can read the articles? I got no idea don't take it personal. But it's a nice design!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

We've had this for at least five years. We got rid of it last year due to being hit by Google Panda and some backlash from people who don't realize you can click right out of it, but thought we were putting a login wall in front of our content, which we're not doing.

Unfortunately it seems you got that idea too :( You can click right out of it to close it.

I put it back on a trial basis because it increases conversions by so much, it's hard to not have it ;)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Dani

We've had this for at least five years.

I don't remember you had that a few years back because I go to your site a few times a year to look up stuff.

Unfortunately it seems you got that idea too :( You can click right out of it to close it.

It seems you have good intention to have non members to sign up.

I put it back on a trial basis because it increases conversions by so much, it's hard to not have it ;)

I don't want to be nosy but how long the trial basis? If you want to have accurate conversion:

If click back on Chrome or any browser a page and go forward the login pops up. Does it count twice? I thought you want unique clicks not just clicks?

I'm confused but whatever you are doing, have fun!

I don't remember you had that a few years back because I go to your site a few times a year to look up stuff.

In the past, it only would pop up as a result of a Google search, so if you typed the URL in directly, it didn't show. Now it pops up regardless.

It seems you have good intention to have non members to sign up.

And it works ;)

I don't want to be nosy but how long the trial basis?

Long enough to compare the additional new members gained from the popup as compared to how many people complain or find it annoying, and to ensure that we don't lose Google traffic as a result of it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.