Hi, since this forum has been modified majorly (this happened approx. 6 months ago) nothing works at it should. There is a lot less people asking question (and answering on them), it seems like you have driven them away with these (not-good changes -personally it was whole much better before that huge webiste update), nor the forum it self does not work like it should.
And a few days ago (including today) the forum size has been shrinked, redused to some small size (like 600x400 pixels). This is refering to Chrome web browser, in Opera seem to be all ok.
What is going on here?

I just want to remind you, if this is keep on happening, people will go from here (leaving), to other forums. Just to keep you awake, I dont think nothing bad with this few statements of mine! I hope I will wake you up moderators and people who are responsable for this (used to be) great forum!

Mitja

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Check your browser settings...with regard to the reduced display. You may have zoomed out in Chrome.

No, zoom has nothing to do with it! Its only this webiste that it has been reduced its size. Its like 1/4 of a whole screen resolution (in 1680x1050)

Hi,

Thank you for your concerns. We were having a LOT of problems with the old system, and therefore switched to a new system. In doing so, it significantly affected our Google traffic, which is the cause for the decline in posting activity. We haven't really "driven people away" with our new system. Rather, we just have far less traffic coming in from Google in the first place.

As Jorge mentions, it seems like you accidentally zoomed out in Chrome. From the Tools menu, click Zoom to 100%. You can also hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse up. That's probably how it accidentally happened in the first place.

As Jorge mentions, it seems like you accidentally zoomed out in Chrome. From the Tools menu, click Zoom to 100%. You can also hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse up.

This was partly true, but not the zoom that was doing problems, in new chrome there is an icon beside zoom, just clicked on it, and now its all fine :)
thx god!
And thx for your decent explanation. I hope daniweb returns to its best days :)
best regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.