Can only the thread starter mark he thread as solved..I suppose yes along with administrator..So any method for making everyone mark solved after writing thanks i.e. after problem is solved....

It wastes time reading a long thread and then see that its already is solved..

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Only the thread starter or moderator can mark a thread as solved. This is the only way to essentially keep it fully functional. Otherwise, anyone who thinks their post was helpful could mark someone else's question as solved, even if their solution didn't work.

I start reading from the end of the thread. So this problem does not occur to me. :cheesy: There is a very handy button that takes you right to the last post of the thread.

wat m tryin 2 say is that is ther no method for making people mark ther own problem solved threads as solved..sumthin compulsory

But not every single thread is a question with a specific answer that can be solved. Many of them are open-ended discussions.

wat m tryin 2 say is that is ther no method for making people mark ther own problem solved threads as solved..sumthin compulsory

To make it compulsory you should have some kind of logic on informing the user to close the thread. How are you suggesting doing this? how can you decide when to close the thread?

To make it compulsory you should have some kind of logic on informing the user to close the thread. How are you suggesting doing this? how can you decide when to close the thread?

I am sayin on the basis that the person has posted thanks,said the problem is over, or I got the answer...

People say thanks for lots of reasons. I just said it in this post :) Saying thanks doesn't necessarily mean that the thread started as a question and has now been answered.

People say thanks for lots of reasons. I just said it in this post :) Saying thanks doesn't necessarily mean that the thread started as a question and has now been answered.

Hey but what I meant was that if u can understand in what context the thanks was said and I was refering to the thanks said on the achievement of attaining the solution..I thought u would understand..in what context I had said..:rolleyes: !! Any ways THANKS

Hey but what I meant was that if u can understand in what context the thanks was said and I was refering to the thanks said on the achievement of attaining the solution..I thought u would understand..in what context I had said..:rolleyes: !! Any ways THANKS

I think what cscgal meant was that the word thanks is not a condition to decide whether or not to close a thread. After all you should have some way of automating the enforcement. Only people can understand context ( at least feasibly) and in this case it will be done by moderators. I think that it will be an extra load for the moderators. That said I must say that I am just stating my opinion, I dont know a thing about forum maintainence or moderating. Just a layman's way of thought.

Reporting posts as solved is not a new feature. Moderators mark threads as solved when they come across them as such, and the thread starter also has the ability to mark his or her own thread as solved.

OK wekk i knew that and so lets end the thread here..thanks for solving the problem the thread is solved!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.