Some tme ago the British chocolate manufacturer was bought by Kraft. Super sweet meets super bland. Anyway, Kraft being American and having too many corporate lawyers tried to copyright the Cadbury colour purple. They may have succeeded, I don't know, it wasn't the sort of news item you hung in for followup. Perhaps we will find out if Daniweb gets sued for infringement.
What am I saying here? Oh, yeah. Purple.

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

SEE?? “A possible future add-on if it would add value to this site? In my case, ...”
No mention of purple, Kraft or Cadbury.
Enemies of me line up over that side. No stone throwing.

Apparently, you can trademark a color even though it is difficult.
Click Here

Cadbury Purple (Pantone 2865c) Click Here

Darker than Dani-Purple.

Thank you
This is the sort of stuff that keeps us all thinking and it made me smile how good is that?

Member Avatar for diafol

Purple is for girls. The poncey colour on this website still irks me now a couple of years on. Racing car green - now that's a man's colour :)

Purple is for girls.

1. The owner is a girl.
  2. Men who say "XYZ is for girls" just need more confidence in their masculinity. ;)
Member Avatar for diafol

Men who say "XYZ is for girls" just need more confidence in their masculinity

Come over here and say that, I'll slap you with my handbag. ;) Anyway, I just spent 10 minutes painting DW a manly Green via Stylish add-on:

green

Anyway, I just spent 10 minutes painting DW a manly Green

Maybe a lil' darker. The contrast isn't quite high enough with the white and gray (especially the gray) to really hit home as a good color scheme.

Member Avatar for diafol

Yes, you have a point. However, I think it's a bit sad that I'm spending my time doing this. :)

I remember back in the day, each category (Software Dev, Web Dev, etc) was a different color scheme.

It used to be a connotation that it was a gay colour (Lesbian?)

I remember back in the day, each category (Software Dev, Web Dev, etc) was a different color scheme

Hehe. I actually used to rather like the color coded DaniWeb, and was pretty mortified when it was scrapped. But then I'm a bit of a 'Sheldon' sometimes when it comes to change - for about 48 hours - then love it. Which is what happened then, and again with then more recent system changes. You just have to give it a chance to absorb into your psyche, and then learn to love it. Unless you are diafol of course ;) I should add that I used to have a pair of purple Doc Martens boots, with hand-painted yellow and white daisies on them. Not that I'm suggesting that as the next DaniWeb color scheme I hasten to add.

It was scrapped because no one really seemed to understand why the color was randomly changing, and I think it was a huge deterrant to ultimately building and strengthening our brand, since our logo was always purple, and there was often a disconnect between the page you were looking at and our brand.

It used to be a connotation that it was a gay colour (Lesbian?)

It's also a connotation of Royalty. Guess which was first :)

I thought lavender was gay. Good thing this isn't BruciWeb... ;)

Member Avatar for diafol

I don't know about 'gay' - it's 'feminine' that gets me.

It's also a connotation of Royalty

Now that DOES stick in my craw. What's Bruciweb? Spent a couple of minutes looking for it. Until I realised Walt was extracting the urine. Doh!

Anyway, I think I may bite the bullet and take off the green as sometimes the purple thing comes back unless I press refresh. I can't take the shock.

What's Bruciweb?

Bruce was also thought of as a gay name... I think that's why in the Hulk TV show he was David Banner rather than Bruce Banner. Late 1970's version of political correctness.

Member Avatar for diafol

You've just alienated half the male population of Australia :)

Bruce was also thought of as a gay name

Don't let Bruce Willis hear that!

Happygeek: "I should add that I used to have a pair of purple Doc Martens boots, with hand-painted yellow and white daisies on them."
Nope. Wrong word. should -> will.
"should" cannot be used in a statement like that. Definitely not. Ever. It means you thought we needed to know it.
We surely did not.
;)
I wanted to make a grimace, but that unleashed the code detection monster.

No, you are wrong. Should was absolutely correct as it was imperative you knew about it or you may otherwise have taken my opinion seriously :)

It's Hippygeek from now on.

I take being called a hippy as a compliment :)

But your avatar is FAR from hippy... Closer to Fury ;o)

My beard is much longer now, if that helps. And my eye patch has beads on the thong...

<=== See, fairly hippyish in a happy pirate kind of way. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.