I'm using FireFox 15.0. I tried to attach a zipped file to a post and DaniWeb won't let me. It works in IE 9 though. I've attached three pics. First is before clicking "Files". Second is after clicking "Files" (scrolling is not mine). Third is after clicking "Files" and scrolling up.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Here's a fourth image showing what happened after I uploaded the previous three images using IE 9. Why is it that only the first image is shown in thumbnail and the other two are Xed out? Also, why are they named Image12, Image22 and Image3? The original names are Image1, Image2 and Image3 (of course, with a .jpg extension in all cases).

I've also noticed firefox doesnt allow file uploading, the way round it is to edit the post after submission and then add the file in there.

Why is it that only the first image is shown in thumbnail and the other two are Xed out?

Bug fixed.

Also, why are they named Image12, Image22 and Image3

They were renamed when uploaded because Image1.jpg and Image2.jpg already exist in the file system.

File uploading works for me in FF 14.0.1?? Did it never work for you??

I never had it work for me no, I was running through works proxy server at the time though. Will check the version when im in the office tomorrow

A proxy server shouldn't make a difference. You mean that when you click on the Files icon, it doesn't give you the form to upload at all?

Did it never work for you??

I had a number of problems during the summer that I attributed to my iffy wireless connection through a Rogers Rocket Hub. I'm home now and still having the odd problem. File uploading is one of them.

You mean that when you click on the Files icon, it doesn't give you the form to upload at all?

Nope. As you can see by the attached pictures (see #3), I see "Upload Attachments" but no browse controls. I'll try disabling some add-ons and see if it fixes the problem.

I disabled all extensions and plugins. Now I get the Browse controls. So now I'll enable them one at a time to see which is the guilty one.

Weird. I enabled the last half of my list of plugins and the Browse controls went away so I disabled them again. I enabled each one in turn, checking the Browse control after each, and the controls never went away.

After I posted the last message I tried again and no Browse controls. I'm perplexed.

So is it safe to say that I can chalk this problem up to a third-party issue?

Looks like. If I have to attach files I'll just use IE. If I ever figure out the extension/plugin that is causing the problem I'll post it here.

Hmm ... Deceptikon is seeing the issue with a fresh installation of FF, he just told me in a PM. Mikey, are you able to correct the problem by disabling all plugins as well?

Hmm for me its tempomental. Works sometimes with plugins, doesnt work others. Without plugins it originally worked on first disable, now it doesnt work with all disabled also.

Version: 14.0.1

I'm also unable to reproduce the problem. I hate intermittent issues, they're so hard to troubleshoot. :(

Indeed, I can't even narrow down if its a plugin on my browser because just cant tell if its intermittent at that point or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.