i have this strange report in my profile about the upvotes/downvotes i received.. check the image votes . Check the down votes part. The data says that there's one member who has down voted 5 of my separate posts , each once. Second, when i click on the link 'Posts Voted Down', no posts are listed, instead the message 'No posts match the criteria specified.'. So is it some error? Is it that someone downvoted relentlessly and then some mod deleted those down votes, so now i can't see those downvotes, but the detais are still in database and thus shows on my profile???

Correct me if i am wrong, but in either case its still an error!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The buttons may only show posts which are currently negative or positive, so if someone voted down and someone else voted up, the net result would not be visible on either button.

The buttons may only show posts which are currently negative or positive, so if someone voted down and someone else voted up, the net result would not be visible on either button.

Yup. The numbers show voting history on your account and the buttons retrieve currently positive or currently negative posts.

We really can't get hung up on pos/neg votes. Over the past month I've been downvoted for

1) reversing my stance and stating I now understand a situation and agree with the decision here
2) answering questions that help the user here
3) explaining the details of a problem and showing exactly why it happens and how to understand it here
4) never having programmed a downloader task because of lack of interest here
5) Asking for clarification here
(none of which the voter was brave enough to leave a name/message - the cowards ;)

Of course some others were well deserved.

As previously mentioned, just because a post has been voted down, does not necessarily mean that post is currently negative. Someone else (or multiple someone elses) must have voted the posts up.

hmmmm... i see..
Nothing to be proud of but i had 100% quality post score before this guy downvoted 5 of my post..
Doesn't matter anyway. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.