I've noticed on two seperate occasions today that viewing my own profile page has seemingly crashed my Chrome browser.

I'm running at under 25% of my hardware capabilities so its not that. Wondered if anything was done in the background that could be causing this?

Chrome Version 22.0.1229.79 m
Running through a proxy server
I am also running the addon Adblock Plus

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Sometimes the reputation graph takes very long to load, blocking the page. My guess is that it's that.

Why don't you try using FireFox. Its fast and sleek.

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I blink."
Doctor: "Don't blink."

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I blink."
Doctor: "Don't blink."

Isn't it more like:

Person A: My car needs a brake job.
Person B: Why don't you get a new car?

It will also depend on your network connection speed. I'm also using Chrome, my rep graph is pretty large, and my profile page loads with no problems. Maybe there should be an option to turn off that graph so that people with slow connections don't have to wait so long.

Hmmm I never normally see the issue @Ancient Dragon so the network is generally alright, being a work one it probably does have its moments so you could be right.

@np complete it's a matter of opinion whats faster. I believe Chrome is the quickest browser around at present, though its highly debatable nowadays

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.