When I want to copy all the code into the clipboard all I do is double-click then copy. That works ok. But what if all I want is a few lines of the code to paste into an existing program? There is no way to do it because when I double-click the code everything is scrunched up into one line on the screen. If I just highlight lines then press Ctrl+C all the line feeds and tabs are lost when I past it into the vc++ editor.

So any other suggestions how to easily do it, except for just retyping it of course.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I can't seem to reproduce what you're describing. It works fine for me when I copy only a select few lines. I've pasted into Eclipse, Notepad++, and regular old Notepad.exe and they all retain proper formatting. I'm using Chrome.

This is an example of what it looks like on my monitor using IE9

Untitled39

This is a known Internet Explorer bug. I couldn't figure out how to get around it, and it's a widely known bug that I'm pretty sure Microsoft has already acknowledged they're going to fix in their next version, so I stopped trying.

Ok, thanks Dani. I guess I'll use Chrome when I want to do that.

[edit]I just installed Chrome (again), it works ok.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.