If that were the case, vBulletin would automatically insert a little "Edited by XXX" beneath their post.

Not always. Take [post=210771]this[/post] HTML-mangled code.

You're right - there is a 15 minute window after initially being posted. However, I'm pretty sure this only applies when it's the original poster who edits the post. Don't quote me on it though - I might be mistaken.

While I agree, I still stand by my suggestion to add a button to the reply bar, that when you click it, loads a new window.... with a textbox. You paste the code into the textbox, and automagically inserts it into the post with the surrounding code tags. I know a code tag button already exists, but in it's current implimentation it's easier to just type it out.... although I suppose it would be more work than it's worth.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Does any of the moderators use those code beautifiers things? After all it's the indentation that counts rather than just for the sake of the code tags.

Just wondering.

For my stuff, religiously. For others' code, rarely. Doing so would take out the obvious, "Learn how to indent" comment which is immensely valuable to newbs, but oblivious to me. But with the obvious HTML-mangled stuff, like I mentioned above, I may take a quick poke.

[edit]And I'm still considering it for Dani's [post=210802]post[/post]. :p

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>Doing so would take out the obvious, "Learn how to indent" comment which is immensely valueable to newbs.

I never thought of it like that. It's all me me me and whether or not I can read it properly....:)

Okay. Need example on CORRECT USAGE OF CODE TAGS........

Let's say you want to post C code:

[code=c]Here is C code [/code]

Here is C++ code:

[code=cplusplus]Here is C++ code [/code]

Let's say you want to post C code:

[code=c]Here is C code [/code]

Here is C++ code:

[code=cplusplus]Here is C++ code [/code]

As long as that person is hanging out in the C/C++ forums. You can do it for perl with [code=perl] and [/code].

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.