I had real problems logging in on DW today. Tried several PC's and clearing the cache etc. I finally had to reset my password to be able to login.

Was I banned without me knowing, or is this a bug?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Update: I just remembered I updatet my profile yesterday. Apparently, when you click the "update member profile" button and you log-out, you won't be able to login again.

Not quite sure what you mean. Did you update your password from that page?

I'm sure there are lots of members here who have updated their member profiles and subsequently logged out and logged back in successfully.

Can you reproduce the bug?? What are the steps to reproduce??

Can you reproduce the bug?? What are the steps to reproduce??

I go to "edit profile", clicked on the "update member profile" button and log out. After that, the only way (for me) to login is to reset my password,

Just had to reset my password again.

Just tried to reproduce this on Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m but it didn't occur for me.

I just tried to reproduce this on Chrome for the Mac and I had no issues either :(

I've changed my username in the past, maybe this has caused some sort of issue?

No, it wouldn't be related. I've changed my username in the past too, from cscgal to Dani.

Do you have access to another web browser to try?

Tried several PC's and clearing the cache etc

I go to "edit profile", clicked on the "update member profile" button and log out. After that, the only way (for me) to login is to reset my password,

The only thing that can remotely have to do with it (I doubt it is thing) is that if you click edit profile, you can edit your password. If you dont do anything and click update member profile, technically (I imagine there are checks against this but...) your password is set to "". Daniweb's DB might not allow that and cause problems.

Its the only thing I can up with...

commented: Yup! +0

OOOOOOH you know what?! I think I know what it is, riahc3!!

Is it possible that when you load the Edit Profile page, your browser's autofill feature is autofilling the password field with something? Then, when you hit Save, whatever it is is overriding your existing password.

That would explain why it's only happening to you.

The password field is meant to be blank and not pre-filled.

The password field is meant to be blank and not pre-filled.

Excellent, this solved the problem!

OOOOOOH you know what?! I think I know what it is, riahc3!!

I didnt have this issue, it was happening to Nick Evan.

Glad you solved it Nick Evan.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.