While checking last_post timestamp in the returned json, I noticed a discrepancy of around 5 hours of the 'now' time and a 'just posted' time. AFAIK unix timestamp is UTC - so constant and timezone independent. Are DW timestamps modified to EST or have I messed up again with my calculations?

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by diafol

DaniWeb timestamps are supposed to be GMT time but I think there might actually be a bug over the past few months where they were US central time instead. I'll look into it tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion!

My apologies!! I actually introduced this bug accidentally yesterday, so all of the timestamps from the past ~35 hours are off by 5 hours. Grrr.

Thank you so much for catching this bug! Thank goodness it was only saving timestamps with the wrong GMT offset for a little over a day, so it was not the end of the world to have to update every table in the database. UGH.

yesterday, so all of the timestamps from the past ~35 hours are off by 5 hours. Grrr.

When I look at the total count post it was reset at 8pm EST instead of 1am EST.

Does it have to do with the bug?

I was really surprise it did reset.

Total post count?! Huh? Where??

Nevermind you fixed it.

It was reset at 8pm EST meaning the post count for the whole week was added together and it create a new column for next week.

But now it's fixed.

You can forget about it. It was like that for an hour or 90 minutes ago.

Huh?? Please explain. It might still be a bug.

I think you might have fixed it

What I meant 8pm EST reset means the total count for the whole week was added and create a new column for next week.

Diafol was right about the 5 hours differences.

Every week the post count starts at Sunday 12:00am CST and ends at Saturday 11:59pm CST.

Once it hits Sunday 12:00am CST it create a new column for the post count for the following week.

Couple hours ago the post count was reset at 8pm EST / (7pm CST) it should have reset at 1am EST / (12am CST)

I think you fixed it already.

I don't know how you did but you can check the log on you server to see how it got reset at 8pm EST for the post counts.

Seems solved - thanks

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.