I have noticed a problem with advertisements on Daniweb, sometimes when scrolling they seem to 'break free' off their places.

If I scroll down the page, or scroll up the page they move around, sometimes moving to the left and blocking the question, sometimes moving over the navigation bar etc. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 with Firefox 19.0

When the article first loads it shall be in the correct place but then when I move they move out of line.

Screenshot_from_2013-03-02_15:19:54Screenshot_from_2013-03-02_15:22:16

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Oh, I see that! That's not good. Working on it ...

Moral of the story: Don't trust parseInt() to work the same in Firefox as it does in Chrome.

aah, the wonders of web-programming. How I totally do not miss that :)

Moral of the story: Don't trust parseInt() to work the same in Firefox as it does in Chrome.

I'm really interested now, details please. And while we are at it, were you passing in the second argument to parseInt? If not, bad Dani. :)

The documentation told me that base 10 was assumed if you didn't pass in the second argument!!

It worked in Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer!!

The documentation told me that base 10 was assumed if you didn't pass in the second argument!!

Oh noes, there is no such thing specified in the specification. The MDN goes to great lengths to even mention this:

An integer that represents the radix of the above mentioned string. Always specify this parameter to eliminate reader confusion and to guarantee predictable behavior. Different implementations produce different results when a radix is not specified.

:)

EDIT: If you plan on always dealing with base 10 numbers, using the Number constructor is a safer option.

commented: :) +0

But the input string didn't start with 0x or 0. At least, I think not ;)

Thanks Dani, everything seems to be working fine now!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.