there is some overflow problem in post.For instance take a look on this post.

http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/java/threads/450735/timezone-conversion#post1951104

dac8dfd733bc989d4614fbae66fbe24e

Edit:-
It is showing properly in edit section

1b85be624a1d744e831980def4e998f3

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Without any spaces it won't break automatically. Add a manual break. Am glad everything is still readable, and doesn't really break the layout.

Unfortunately, that's what will happen if there's no place to deterministically place a word wrap. This is a case where you should proofread your posts in the live preview and make sure they're formatted the way you want, even if you have to add a space in that long line to force word wrapping.

Though I will take a look and see if a reasonable solution to long lines presents itself.

I have inserted the pic that is showing correct format in the preview section

I have inserted the pic that is showing correct format in the preview section

That's the editor itself, not the live preview. The live preview will be below the editor box unless you hide it by clicking on it.

@Dani:- you have not provided solution for my note2 probem.I am not able to login using chrome in note2.The lightbx is opening and then closing automatically.Please provide alternate way to login either if lightbox is not visible.I was able to login some time ago.i have also posted this but till now no slution available.

Three more bugs.

Text is shown of the thread over daniweb header.
6fb2f70ab64b65f0aeb05b112497d969
This thread was answered by someone else 3 hours ago but it shows by someone else.Screen shot attached
ccd0687fe15c034d30c2009c0da91bc1
If user name is too long than it is coming in thread description.Either use word-wrap or word-break property to get rid or show only data that fits the screen and then show by dots.
6ded7d546cfbf36420c8de207172b714

The new header is moving down when you are scrolling down the forum list.

This thread was answered by someone else 3 hours ago but it shows by someone else.

I only see my name and the OP, what's wrong with it?

If user name is too long

Known bug. Unfortunately neither word-wrap nor word-break work in this case, as it is recognized as a single word (no spaces or dashes to break on).

Unfortunately neither word-wrap nor word-break work in this case, as it is recognized as a single word (no spaces or dashes to break on).

We can use word-break:break-all in that case http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#word-break0

I only see my name and the OP, what's wrong with it?

OOps my bad.Didn't saw the last poster was the post creator.Ignore it.

The new header is moving down when you are scrolling down the forum list.

Header scrolling is ok but it is overlapping the thread content.I would suggest to us sticky header as you are using sticky footer.

@Dani:- you have not provided solution for my note2 probem.I am not able to login using chrome in note2.The lightbx is opening and then closing automatically.Please provide alternate way to login either if lightbox is not visible.I was able to login some time ago.i have also posted this but till now no slution available.

I was not able to reproduce this bug until today. I noticed that it was happening on my iPhone 5, and I was able to look into it and fix the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're trying to say that when you are scrolling down, the header becomes transparent and scrolls down the page with you, this is the intended behavior. It goes back to being non-transparent when it's in its rightful position when you scroll back up.

If user name is too long than it is coming in thread description.Either use word-wrap or word-break property to get rid or show only data that fits the screen and then show by dots.

Yes, I need to do something about this. The reason it is like this is because it fits perfectly based on the maximum number of characters we allow in a username. However, when people use the 'Log In with Facebook' feature, it uses their Facebook username, which bypasses our maximum character restriction. We can add elipses (...) after a certain number of characters, but I'm undecided whether it would be reasonable for a member to essentially never have their full username next to any of their posts. This would not be terrible because it will only affect people who have crazy-long usernames imported from Facebook, and the usernames were not explicitely chosen by them to be their DaniWeb usernames. They can change their username to something more appropriate on the edit membership page then.

Header scrolling is ok but it is overlapping the thread content.I would suggest to us sticky header as you are using sticky footer.

I'm not sure what you mean. I am using a "sticky" header (as you call it) the same way as we are doing the footer. The only difference is that the header has an intentional transparency effect added to it.

We can use word-break:break-all in that case

Will look into it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.