What do you think of the list of related articles that appear beneath the first post of each thread?

LastMitch commented: It's Nice! +0

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I like it.

Both the quality of the actual suggestions as well as the placement?

Looks good to me.

What's the logic to determine that one article is related to another? Similar keywords? Similar title?

the title, tags, and contents of the posts are evaluated for the most number of words in common.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

the title, tags, and contents of the posts are evaluated for the most number of words in common.

I like it, it's much better than just going through articles and clicking the tabs(numbers) to read articles.

This is much more random.

I notice those links which has older threads how far does it go back?

Does any those link have any unanswer thread appearing?

I have a feeling that some members might not like to see old threads with(without) any answer showing up.

Will there be any rating score of a thread (quality of the topic in the thread) in the future?

Will there be any rating score of a thread (quality of the topic in the thread) in the future?

Possibly. :) Technically it's no big thing to add thread ratings, but I'm on the fence as to whether it should be calculated from thread statistics or more of a voting style. There are pros and cons to each approach.

If you'd like to discuss it, feel free to start another thread so as to not derail this one.

I like this new feature, easier to find other articles that are related.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

If you'd like to discuss it, feel free to start another thread so as to not derail this one.

Sorry about that. That last line pop up in my mind when I wrote the post last night I didn't thought about it or proof read what I wrote before I post it. I will open a new thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.