hey
i am intersted in moderating for daniweb
i have lots of experience and currently moderate the following forums:
Worth1000
shadows over silence
and deviant art

is it possible for me to moderate daniweb?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

It's probably based on your posting pattern and the frequency of your visits.

>It's probably based on your posting pattern and the frequency of your visits.
No, it's a popularity contest. The moderators vote on it. :)

vote for me!!

vote for me!!

You have my vote.... Oops! I'm not a moderator. :cheesy:

I'll vote for you, if you can convince Narue to re-establish her position as a moderator..... otherwise <voice type="soup nazi">No Vote For You!</voice>

alrighty then....ill try

Heh nightwishmaster, couple things I would recommend to ya.

1) Do something with the posts. After looking, it appears that 90% percent or so are for the 'Vending Machine game' :)

2) Watch for what ya recommend. Earlier tnite, I had to delete a post by urs because it recommended using an illegal program activation code..;)

Heh

Lastly, youre a DeviantArt mod? Not bad....I got alotta friends that have accounts there....and its some really good work.

Thanks.

2) Watch for what ya recommend. Earlier tnite, I had to delete a post by urs because it recommended using an illegal program activation code..

err...no i didnt...When was this???

He didn't say YOU did, he said SOMEONE did, but for your knowledge, you shouldn't do that kind of stuff.... Moderators are leaders. They have an intimate knowledge of the information that they moderate (for example, I'm a moderator, but not of the Viruses and Spyware section, I'm a Moderator in the Visual Basic Programming Forum). So, my point is that Moderation (at least here) isn't about if you are qualified to edit posts (to add code tags), mark things as solved, move mis-placed threads, and delete spam. It's the fact that you can answer most of the questions posted..... and if not, you can point them in the direction of the information.

It's not easy. You have to be able to spend a bit of time doing research, to figure out what's going on..... asking questions to get the information YOU need to help them..... Pick an area, become extremely knowledgable in that area, and answer posts. Period.

yeah if i were to moderate certain sections it would probably be graphic design or website upkeep...

be a jerk.... Observations show you have a better chance.

nice...

So what's the real procedure? Bribery? ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.