<rant> Does the 'You have a new Private Message' alert come with a toggle switch somewhere to turn it off? Other than dismissing it directly from the alert itself I mean? Every time I go back to the inbox after having read a PM it pops up again telling me I have a new Pm - I know I have an unread PM, that is why I am reading my inbox. </rant>

Edited by happygeek

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by happygeek

If you're talking about the PM notification where your private messages link turns yellow, there's not presently a way to turn it off. Further, there's an item on my bug list about that notification not being entirely accurate in all cases, but it's low priority since it doesn't happen often (in my experience at least).

If you're talking about some sort of popup dialog, I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

If you're talking about some sort of popup dialog, I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

He's talking about the popup dialog that I implemented yesterday.

That's by design, chrishea, unless I get enough complaints about it. Read your messages!! :)

Oh, and also, I fixed the bug recently introduced where you receive a warning about leaving the page when you're reading a PM because the editor is populated.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.