when i visit C or any other section, i see those scrap pictures in the boxes of the persons who don't have their pics uploaded. it always give me feel that website is not loaded properly, so i again refresh it. i am old user of daniweb, so that's why i know it is not any problem, but new user will never get that thing.

Also, those default scrap type image is not looking good to eyes at all. there should be any defualt image or there should be any solution of that thing. it is my opinion, may be it is okay with other people. thanks. :)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

The default images are similar to the ones used on quite a lot of other forums that are like DaniWeb (i.e. MSDN form), I think they're used to avoid confusion if new user's have used other forums before.

may be, but is it looking good to eyes ? it's okay if you all are ok with it. :) but it will make big difference in apperance if we have some daniweb logo at place of that image , because it will give us a nice feel while using DW. it's my opinion, else you know better :-) thanks.

If we just used the daniweb logo as the default avatar then at a glance it would look like all the default posts were by the same person. As I understand it, the current default avatars are generated based on the username so each default avatar is unique.

default avatars are generated based on the username

I didn't know that, that's pretty cool.

As I understand it, the current default avatars are generated based on the username so each default avatar is unique.

They use Gravatar, so they're generated based on email address. The exact same auto-generated image is used on every forum/commenting site that uses gravatar, and every individual's is unique. That means that even if you haven't uploaded an avatar, your default Gravatar follows you around the web.

wow! that gravator thing is really great. can Dani implement this also ? :D hehe... awesome......

Nitin, are you starting to make peace with the new DaniWeb?

actually, i am not getting used to with the new DW. :( sorry Dani to say this, but it is true with me atleast. may be, i will be in the future, but currently these default pics and these too much colours is not looking good to my eyes. :(

aww, it's okay Dani :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.