I just ambled across this whopper, and it seems to be truncated. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, I expect snippets to be, well, smaller snippets.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The code snippets library was developed with the intention of containing snippets, not full programs ... But if someone wants to contribute a single-file program to the site, all the power to them.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

It cuts of half the code when viewed in firefox? Anyone noticed that?
Shouldn't his code be in the c++ forum anyway?

Another thing, does anyone notice faint blue lines that appear in the code tags when viewed in firefox?

Also, cos I'm too lazy to start another thread, why are the PM's limited to 10000 characters. I wish I could send attachments via PM. :sad:

> It cuts of half the code when viewed in firefox? Anyone noticed that?
It's a Firefox bug, nothing I can do about it. Due to similar occurrences on very long threads in the MS Windows forum, I've concluded it's a bug related to when a particular container has maxed out its allowed memory. (Similar to how certain file systems have a maximum file size or a maximum number of files per directory, despite physical hdd space available.)

> Shouldn't his code be in the c++ forum anyway?
No. The forum is a place for questions and answers. Full working code should be in the code section. Articles explaining code should be in the tutorials section.

> Another thing, does anyone notice faint blue lines that appear in the code tags when viewed in firefox?
No? Can you screen shot it?

> why are the PM's limited to 10000 characters. I wish I could send attachments via PM. :sad:
DaniWeb is founded on the idea of a forum where questions and responses appear publically for others to search and find later. Private messaging is simply an added feature to encourage the community aspect of that site. Attachments are not allowed because I simply don't have the resources (servers and badwidth) necessary to store megs and ultimately gigs worth of binary files to be privately transferred between members with nothing gained for the site as a whole. That is what IM clients and email are for. Make contacts through the site and then keep in contact with them via email. We're not a free file sharing service, which is what the ability to privately send and receive all different types of files would turn us into. With that said, I have removed the maximum character restriction on PMs.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>It's a Firefox bug, nothing I can do about it. Due to similar occurrences on very long threads in the MS Windows forum, I've concluded it's a bug related to when a particular container has maxed out its allowed memory. (Similar to how certain file systems have a maximum file size or a maximum number of files per directory, despite physical hdd space available.)

Well, if you say so, just pointing it out. I have no idea really.

>No. The forum is a place for questions and answers. Full working code should be in the code section. Articles explaining code should be in the tutorials section.

I meant in the c++ snippet section. As in his code is c++ not c. Oopsie.:o

> Another thing, does anyone notice faint blue lines that appear in the code tags when viewed in firefox?
No? Can you screen shot it?

This is kinda random. I hope it's not just me. :)

> With that said, I have removed the maximum character restriction on PMs.

Kewl, that's all I need. I have no intention to exploit daniweb and turn it into a file sharing thingy ma jingy. It's just the programs I'm writing with this person I am corresponding with tend to be long. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.