Hi admin,

i need to put my signature in post. so how many post i complete then i put signature ?. can you tell me admin..

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

I don't remember off the top of my head, but it's not more than 10. You should be able to add a signature now from here.

too bad. looks like the signature (s)he needed to put is just advertising for a Marketing agency.

There's no rule against that, unless you start posting for the sole purpose of promoting the signature.

At one time (maybe still is) members could sell advertising space in their signatures -- I did that for awhile. I'd put a link in my signature if someone payed me XXX amount of money. Since signatures are barely visible that may not be very lucrative income any more.

no rule against it, I agree. but statements like "i need to put my signature in post." do tend to make me raise an eyebrow.
combined with the posts made, makes it look as if the account is purely meant to advertise.

...and having a username with 'seo' in it adds to the uncomfortable factor:)

There is no minimum number of posts to have a forum signature. At one point in time (a few years ago) there was a minimum of 10 posts, but we found that a lot of people were just spamming or making ten crappy posts just to hit that minimum, so we got rid of it because it was just causing more work for the moderation team.

Instead, we opted for signatures to only show up if you're logged in, and therefore they have ZERO weight with Googlebot or Google or any search engine, for that matter. Therefore, there's ZERO incentive for anyone to post on DaniWeb for SEO or marketing reasons.

You can definitely still sell advertising space in your signature, but for the same reasons, it's going to be a much harder sale since there's no seo or mass marketing benefit anymore.

...and having a username with 'seo' in it adds to the uncomfortable factor:)

Well, do keep in mind we do have an entire Internet Marketing category with an SEO forum, so we can't proactively send hateful vibes to "seovela" any more than we could to "phpvela".

Agreed, but if someone specifically asks about when they can start using a signature and they have 'seo' in their username then the spam alarm bells do start ringing - if only quietly and in the background :)

As always, the intent of a user is determined by their actions and not their username, of course.

Fine, but take into consideration that no one can ever get any SEO benefit from signatures, and haven't been able to for many years.

Fine, but take into consideration that no one can ever get any SEO benefit from signatures, and haven't been able to for many years.

Ummm.... i managed to find your twitter feed. Jk ;D

no one can ever get any SEO benefit from signatures

I know that, you know that, but... :)

I know that, you know that, but... :)

Don't leave us hanging! But what?

...but lots of people obviously don't know that or they wouldn't continue to post crap (mainly cut and pasted wholesale from other sites/publications) just in order to have their signatures/links displayed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.