Hey,

I had complained about this sometime ago and most of it got fixed and the site in general is a lot better.

But there is one thing annoying about that "Insert with the Quote editor button" popup :
1. Select some text
2. even while the popup is being shown select some other text
3. Do 2 many times

When you're done with doing this, I'd expect the popup to be shown one last time for the last text I selected.
But what happens is that it gets shown a lot many times. The problem can be replicated even easily with double-clicking on text.

Though I'm not really knowledgeable here, I think this should be an easy fix.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I don't see the problem. I select several pieces of text either by click-dragging or double clicking. The pop-up appears once for each selected text. When I click Quote all of the text that was selected is properly inserted. It seems to be working as intended.

Hummm -- where is there an "Insert with the Quote editor button"? I can't find it.

The pop-up appears once for each selected text.

Yeah, but is this okay? After you've finished selecting all your pieces of text shouldn't the pop-up get shown just once? What I see is: pop-op - blink - pop-up - blink - pop-up blink ...

Hummm -- where is there an "Insert with the Quote editor button"? I can't find it.

Just select some text from this post and wait for a pop-up to appear.

Theguitarist, there needs to be some type of visual feedback for people to understand how the feature works. How would the system know when you're done selecting all your pieces of text? It could be over the course of ten minutes with a five minute break between selections?

Just select some text from this post and wait for a pop-up to appear.

I don't get any popups.

Theguitarist, there needs to be some type of visual feedback for people to understand how the feature works. How would the system know when you're done selecting all your pieces of text?

I'm thinking the system finds out when the user hits the Quote button in the editor's menu.

It could be over the course of ten minutes with a five minute break between selections?

Yes, I'm not denying the usefulness of the pop-up. In the above case, it works alright. I'm just talking about the special case when you select some text even while the pop-up is being displayed. Perhaps you could cut short the pop-up there and forget about it? Just deal with the next pop-up like nothing happened before.
Am I missing something?

I don't get any popups.

I don't know, you should be getting them :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.