pritaeas wrote:""Do not ask for help to pursue any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking and spamming"

it sucks when someone do not read very well and understand the meaning of the message

strongard63 wrote :"this is only for educational purpose."

who the hell told you I will pursue an illegal activity. This is a training challenge that some sites offer . They provide challenges and ask the challenger to solve the challenge
and if you do not believe you can go to

http://www.wechall.net/challs

this is totally legal and for educational purpose and has nothing to do with crimes or illegal.
After days and days of searching in articles and books and learning and thinking and meditating in the challenge , I felt , finally , that I need some very little extra help so I posted my message in daniweb.com

you misinterpret all this and you went far away and this is the proof:"Do not ask for help to pursue any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking and spamming"

besides , if I want to do something illegal do you think I will reveal myself and my identity by asking this "PUBLICALLY" in Daniweb !!!!!!!!???

but anyway , I will not ask in other sites , I will ask in other sites where some administrators and moderators are mature enough and genuis enough to understand the truth from illusion. I do not want to waste my time in arguing . My goal is to get help and not argue

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I moved this here, so others can decide whether or not this was too harsh.

The fact that it is for educational purposes does not mean the rule against such question should be ignored imo. Whether or not your intentions are good, does not mean others won't abuse such information.

I did not say it was illegal, just against the rules of DaniWeb.

I'm fine with anything that 100% cannot get me into any legal trouble.

Do not ask for help to pursue any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking and spamming
Do not pursue any illegal activity within forum posts or by PM

I already red them. The rule is clear . it says:"Do NOT ask for help to pursue any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking (I exclude spamming because it is not the context)

it means : Do ask for help to pursue any legal activity including, but not limited to, hacking (I exclude spamming because it is not the context)

you would be right if the rule says "Do not ask questions about hacking". But here the rule says something other ""Do NOT ask for help to pursue any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking"

there is a light year difference between "*Do not ask questions about hacking" and **

"Do NOT ask for help to pursue any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking"

second , what is the definition of an illegal activity

according to encyclopedia , illegal activity is an Offence or "Offences that are committed against individuals or groups of individuals with a criminal motive to intentionally harm the reputation of the victim or cause physical or mental harm to the victim directly or indirectly, using modern telecommunication networks such as Internet (Chat rooms, emails, notice boards and groups) and mobile phones (SMS/MMS)".[4] Such crimes may threaten a nation’s security and financial health.

here you can read :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_crime
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/cybercrime

I asked help to pursue a legal activity

how is it legal activity?

because such an activity is done by the consent and supervision of the proprietor of the site or the administrator of the site . He put some challenges and ask registered users to solve them . He wanted us to solve them or he challenge us to exploit the website he made and to find the flaw in it
like in many site you can find them in the internet.
I can PM you if you see any abuse in it or PM any other expert in daniweb for little extra help. But if you still after reading all that persist in the fact that it is illegal then it means only one thing. That you do not want to share your knowledge , intentionally, or let others give me their knowledge for reasons I ignore . Which is against the goal of this site namely helping people through answering their questions

Like I said, personally I'm fine with it because you are not seeking help with an illegal activity, with the definition of an illegal activity being something that could get you or me in trouble with the law. I agree with you that the ultimate goal here is to encourage sharing of knowledge and skillsets.

Whether or not your intentions are good, does not mean others won't abuse such information.

That could be said for just about anything in technology. Any question answered could be used maliciously by someone else. Someone can ask how to reformat their personal computer, and someone else can use that information to cripple a production server. I agree that hacking has negative connotations and is often used to describe something illegal, but I think people use it in malicious ways, and the skills and knowledge themselves are not malicous.

Like I said, my threshold is helping someone do something they could potentially get in trouble for doing, and therefore acting as a conduit/accomplice to an illegal act. If they aren't doing anything they aren't allowed to do, then I don't consider it illegal, even if it would be illegal if similar ideas or techniques were applied somewhere else, as that would fall under my reformatting example.

Similarly, there have been cases in the past where someone posted asking how to boot their own PC off of a CD-rom, and we helped them, and there was also a case where a student asked how to boot a PC in their school's computer lab off of a CD-rom (in an attempt to bypass certain security restrictions), and we refused to help them. Same knowledge, same technique, but sometimes it depends on the intent.

you do not have to worry Dani. You can simply , put in the site (if you want) "I do not held responsible for the misuse of the information" and that is all. In all cases, the one who will use the information for malicious ends is the one and only the one alone who will pay the price and not you or me. I can PM someone in Daniweb if this possible or post my message in the forum if this possible too. so what should I do?????
another thing important I want to say is that the type of questions (at least in the last period) I put are not conventional , not normal and not ordinary like the questions of other users because I am able alone to answer the conventional , commun and even difficult and some very complicated questions.
Before I ask a question I make these things
1)I exhaust all the source of knowledge that are present in my hand without exception
2)I eat them , then I digest them , then I meditate on them through the process of extrospection and introspection

3)I try to understand what is the problem and the errors I made.

once I lose hope after hundred and hundred of attempts then I admit defeat and come to ask for help.
The fact that I made errors or I am superficial when asking the question is due to the fact that I did not study computer at university , I do not have someone expert in real lifewho can help in computer matters

should PM someone? or should I post my message in forum with the hope that I do not get things like "this illegal" or "this is hacking" or we "cannot answer this"??? I can PM but who?????
any help would be appreciated

thanks and best regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.