When you upvote or downvote someone with a comment, if you reverse your vote it doesn't reverse the score you gave them.

In my case, I accidentally upvoted someone because I hovered the downvote button and then I [must have] passed over the upvote button when I when I moved the mouse to select the text box. I then accidentally awarded 11 rep to someone who should have been down-repped.

I reversed the vote, refreshed the page and then downvoted. Unfortunately, this didn't reverse the upvote score I accidentally awarded them. It did apply my downvote rep subtraction, but this person now has 9 points more than they should have.

Is this a bug or intentional?

Thread in question: Click Me

Edited by Ketsuekiame

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

It looks fine in my code, so I'm going to test by repping and un-repping and re-repping you somewhere in a forum that affects reputation. Please ignore. :)

There's obviously still a bug somewhere for the member in question to have positive rep even though only receiving negative votes.

However, I tried twice ... your rep started at 709. I neg repped and brought it down to 706. I unrepped and it went back to 709. I gave positive rep and it went up to 724, and I unrepped that and it went back to 709. I tried twice :(

I'm going to look more into it a lil bit later ... Spent another few mins on it though :(

Did you try unrepping and neg-repping without refreshing the page? That's pretty much what I did (although I'm pretty sure I hit F5 before neg-repping because of the caching issue in the editor)

I wonder if it only saw the neg-rep and not the un-rep. Meaning it only applied the negative score to the previous positive, rather than undoing the positive first?

Edited by Ketsuekiame

Failing to refresh the page before making changes causes a lot of problems. I've seen entire paragraphs disappear because I forgot to refresh before editing a post.

Now, the up arrow acts more like a toggle switch, press it the first time and the number increases by one, press it again and the number decreases.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.