When browsing a forum listing, you can now click on the link that tells how many replies there have been to load a lightbox showing how many contributors there have been and who they are, along with their reputation. You can now quickly see the quality of the people who have participated in the thread before loading it.

Learner010 commented: why don't we have the same for forum views. +0

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

It kind of reminds of that one stackoverflow feature they have (i would know because i was banned from their site a few times due to promoting daniweb :D).

Nice touch!

Not sure what you're talking about. I went over to SO to see what you meant and couldn't find it. But ... umm ... don't spam. :-P Why were you spamming SO, and multiple times yet!? :-/

Not sure what you're talking about. I went over to SO to see what you meant and couldn't find it. But ... umm ... don't spam. :-P Why were you spamming SO, and multiple times yet!? :-/

Yeah i know, they remove them if they go against there site lol. I was spamming them because i used to use them before this site and it was always a pain to get answer from them because they always acted like a smart ass... but you know, it is always fun to poke at something that is a pain, right? ;)

But ... umm ... don't spam.

Dani, this was more than a month ago lol! I thought i told you a while ago?

You did tell me before, but I just feel the urge to have to yell at you each time I'm reminded. We also remove spam and ban people, just for the record. Haha.

You did tell me before, but I just feel the urge to have to yell at you each time I'm reminded. We also remove spam and ban people, just for the record. Haha.

uh.... consider it free marketting ;D

It's negative press if we get labeled as spammers though ;)

It's negative press if we get labeled as spammers though ;)

Don't worry, i made sure it wasn't that kind of bad spamming.

It was more like, "Normally Daniweb users are able to help their users so why can't you help out like them"and so on... It wasn't like, "SO is #### so join Daniweb!"

It was more like, "Normally Daniweb users are able to help their users so why can't you help out like them"and so on... It wasn't like, "SO is #### so join Daniweb!"

I can't see how that could go wrong, given the pissy tendencies of many SO regulars. :rolleyes:

I can't see how that could go wrong, given the pissy tendencies of many SO regulars. :rolleyes:

Exactly... it is why i am the joker ;)

Yeah. Their fuses are about as short as their answers. Their ability to accept criticism is inversely proportional to their reputation points. Their concern about helping others can only reside in the very narrow space between questions that are: too redundant with others; too specific; too long to answer; too subjective; and, not answerable with a copy-pasted answer riddled with links to other SO threads. A convenient philosophy for any lazy educator (how often do teachers do the same? And how much do you like those teachers... :rolleyes: ).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.