Hello,

I got a message this morning from a mod that had deleted a duplicate post. Which is all fair enough....Except I never saw the duplicate post in question. When I went to check the thread this morning, sure enough my original post was still there so sat bemused that I'd managed to double post without actually realising.

When I got back to the parent screen (C#) I noticed that the thread said it had 0 replies. Thinking it was a caching issue, I refreshed. Still 0. Went into the thread and my post was still there. Refreshed again. Post still there.

I have now cleared my browser cache and the post and 0 reply count still remains. Do you want to take a look at it?

The thread in question: http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/csharp/threads/472065/multicast-using-tcp-port-in-c-sharp

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ketsuekiame

I'll try to check this out tomorrow but it might be a few days.

I'm moving into my new office tomorrow, and about to head to bed for a big moving day.

I wonder if two people tried deleting it at the same time? I'm not sure why it ended up at 0, but I'm retallying the counters now.

Looks like the counter issue is a caching issue, but it's a caching issue on my end, which means that refreshing isn't going to fix anything.

Oh, also, the counter stats aren't just on the listing page. They're also in the top right when reading a thread.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.