I figured this might be a useful tool to add but I think that there should be a report user button to report users of abuse... I thought it might be useful...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Anytime that you want to bring a post to a moderator's attention, hit the 'Flag' button. If you get an abusive private message, forward it to a moderator or administrator.

The only situation I can think of where this might be useful for immediate mod attention is spammer bot naming and profile patterns. With the current system that's too rare to justify the cost of implementing a new feature.

Not to mention confusing on both the user end as well as the moderator end in that it would give members two different methods and systems of flagging a problematic user.

I see... I just wanted to give the user, asdfghjklasdfgh, I piece of my mind for randomly downvoting my posts -_-... Example, He downvoted a code snippet saying it was a bad question.

asdfghjklasdfgh

Hmz, although not an infractable offence it looks like on one of them the entire thread of replies has been downvoted too.

piece of my mind for randomly...

Don't start a flame war.

Don't start a flame war.

I won't, at least I don't have the plans to do anything like that...

<content deleted to prevent flame war>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.