You need 5 posts with 5 days of membership or 15 reputation points in order to unlock full website functionalit.

Please change it!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Why should we change it? We want to make sure that you have a complete understanding of how the website functions before giving you access to things such as the ability to post editorial, etc. We've found that newbies don't really understand how these features work and it creates a burden on the moderation team.

You need 5 posts with 5 days of membership or 15 reputation points in order to unlock full website functionalit.

Daniweb isn't the only site that follows that policy. Many sites follow it and I am in favor of it. Besides, 5 posts, 5 days of membership, and 15 rep points is not that hard to earn.

I am also in favour to this policy.
and as <M/> Told its not hard to earn
maybe 15 rep point is hard to earn but 5 post its so simple
Try to help someone and you have done

Also, keep in mind, the functionality that you are unlocking is not stuff we want a newbie to do ... such as contribute editorial, etc. It's done to save the moderation team from extra work.

commented: Good answer +0

Not least, it cuts down the amount of spam that moderators have to deal with by a considerable amount.

I'm in favor of this policy also.
I think it's will be easy all I have to do is make 15 post it's ok because I'm not the only one that may need help so If I can help someone else why not.

Besides, 5 posts, 5 days of membership, and 15 rep points is not that hard to earn.

IIRC, it's 5 posts + 5 days or 15 reputation points. So you can unlock functionality with the default rep allocation, or you can unlock it sooner by earning rep.

I don't mind earning post. you have to be cautious these days people are always out to gt thing underhandly no matter who it hurts. I'm good with the policy it protect you and the ones that using your site.

it protect you and the ones that using your site.

Not really, it just saves us extra work. Daniweb's moderation team is easily the best I've ever seen, and I have no doubt we'd snuff out unsavory types in short order with or without this feature. But with the feature, it gives mods breathing room to participate as regular members instead of always doing moderation work.

Maybe I would say 5 post in 2 weeks at least. But i loved all your helpfull answers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.