:)

Anonymusius commented: Not discreptive, pretty pointless, sorry :| +0

I didn't have a problem before, but for the last few days I have been thinking that the adverts looked, I dunno, 'slicker' but couldn't put my finger on why.

I was surfing the 'net last night and reading some of your articles, Davey, and was actually surprised to see that ITPro's homepage has the same three ads in the exact same positions as DaniWeb's homepage.

I was surfing the 'net last night and reading some of your articles, Davey, and was actually surprised to see that ITPro's homepage has the same three ads in the exact same positions as DaniWeb's homepage.

Not here. ITPro is showing with all three ad spaces for RSA Security, while DaniWeb has IRC Chat at the top, Geek's Lounge taking up the other two.

Spooky though, bet it freaked you out a bit :)

Oh, you misunderstood me. Not the exact same ads, but the same ad placements. A leaderboard to the right of the logo, a wide skyscraper in the right sidebar, and a box in the right column of the body content.

Ah, see what you mean. Still pretty spooky though :)

I can't lay claim to having any input on the design though, being purely a freelance word monkey (something I am seriously considering putting on my next set of business cards.)

Must be a layout that works though. Dennis Publishing (who are behind the IT Pro site) invest an awful lot of time and money into researching such things and wouldn't be placing ads there just to please the design creatives, that's for sure.

Must be a layout that works though. Dennis Publishing (who are behind the IT Pro site) invest an awful lot of time and money into researching such things and wouldn't be placing ads there just to please the design creatives, that's for sure.

As do I, with my frequent Internet marketing conventions and OMMA (Online Media, Marketing, and Advertising aka MediaPost) conventions where I study advertising and site usability. :mrgreen:

Indeed, and it shows!

Could I get an update in ad load speed? Thanks!

All working fine and dandy again here, after that small glitch a few days back.

Agreed with Davey.

I am going to kill my ad server right about now. Ads down again ...

Looking OK here at the moment, coming up for 8pm GMT.

ive never had a problem with the ads. there relevant and there not the flyout or timed types that drive you crazy (i think there worth more so thanks for not putting these on dani)

Never had lag here and ive got dial up on a 20mhz at the minute :)

You know what would be good, if you became a sponsor and the ads went away

Sorry, currently not offering an ad-free option for sponsors, but am considering that. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow it at the moment. Perhaps if users became more active ;)

oh yeah what service is used when you pay to become a sponsorr?
i am 16 so only have a visa electron is that ok?

You can pay via PayPal or send a mailed check. If you have a bank account you can also send a wire transfer.

ill look into it thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.