I feel a bit stuck with this feature, and not really sure how to ask what I'm thinking, so sorry if you do not get it.

When someone replies to a topic I post, I tend to +1 the reply when the member is trying to help me, not just when a reply helped to solve or solves the problem I'm having.

So now, if I do that, you see a big list of featured answers and the replies themselves.

Am I using the +1 wrong?
Is this the way the thread is supposed to look?

Just a bit confusing, maybe I never seen a post about it or something.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This is a new feature and currently under construction. Currently your votes automatically determine the helpfulness of the replies. There is no manual intervention yet, but that may come.

Thank's pritaeas.

Yes, just keep using upvotes the way you have been.

Am I using the +1 wrong?

There's not really a way to use it wrong, barring full out abuse like automatically downvoting every post from a member regardless of post content.

Typically I use the voting system as a type of kudos. If I think a post is well written and insightful, upvote. If I think a post is rude and unproductive, downvote. If the post is meh or otherwise average, no vote. Exceptionally good or bad posts get a comment and corresponding rep.

So how does the thing work, I sometimes upvote in topics that have nothing to do with me, because I just thing they're great.

So in a thread that I did not start, would an upvote from me cause the reply to be "featured"?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.