How do you enter DaniWeb? Via the home page every time, or with a shortcut straight to the section or forum you use the most? If the latter, do you ever visit the home page and if so how often?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

My browser homepage used to always be the forum index, until you started blogging ;) Now it's the main portal page. However, regardless of what my browser homepage is set to, my first click is always Today's Posts.

My link is right to C and C++.
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=8

I rarely see the home page. I visit other forums, some of the Coffee House stuff, via the menu or the Forum Jump.

[edit]Hmm. Speaking of the menu, is there a way to have the Code Snippets or Tutorials also have a drop-down of the subcategories? [edit=2]Or even the Blogs?

The tutorials I can add. The blogs, I was thinking of adding, but I figured it was sorta redundant because when you click on the a category, blog entries appear right there at the top. If anyone else agrees this would be a good idea, I'll reconsider.

The code snippets, on the other hand, are another matter. Because there are virtually an unlimited number of languages that could appear in the code snippets, I can set the dropdown to list the top ten languages and then have a link to "all languages". I don't want the dropdown to be infinitely long, obviously.

I just want to add that I bought a new computer which arrived today, so it's going to be a little bit before I can get started on this because this machine doesn't quite feel like home yet. I need to install all of my dev tools and customize my settings before I can get into programmer mode.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.