"Whenever user requests feature change/addition which would alter core usability of webapp - there is no place for discussion - coder (in this case Dani) should start coding it immediately and do not stop till it gets implemented"

You've said some stupid so far, but that moves stupid into a whole new dimension.

You did not read my post even...... so kindly do not speak please..... and go back to basisc of IT as its of great use for you....

commented: Stop throwing your toys out of the pram. Troll +0
commented: "Go back to basics of IT", oh no... so offensive... I have something for you "Don't skip English class, you get those included in education package." +0

I just quoted your post directly. Care to provide a sensible argument as to how immediately changing core system features upon user request is anything other than a recipe for disaster? No, thought not.

Unfortunately you are not in a position to determine who speaks here or otherwise, so prepare to be disappointed when you demand I shut up.

Here's the bottom line: change your attitude or your account WILL get banned. You are already just one 'Keep it Pleasant' infraction away from that happening.

Its not recipe for disaster..... just the opposite.
Coder should test written code - its called testing phase. Its done automatically by mechanisms builtin within IDE.
Or you mean user-driven tests (udt)? these are done by users just by using the newly-imlemented feature.

No, I mean that making changes to core system functionality simply because ONE USER demands it, and with no further discussion as you have stated, is no way to run a business. It's a recipe for disaster because the system would be in a state of constant flux. Just because YOU think something needs to change does not mean you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Tell you what, seeing as you have determined that Dani doesn't listen to users and is untalented, kindly point us at the applications and systems you have created and which have been up and running for 13 years?

"please stop saying that yu do not alter my posts where I say not possitive things - of course you do - thats why I do have infractions (where is the name taken from??). Its first step towards censorship on the forum."

Who has altered your posts? Please point me to the evidence of that. You have infractions because a moderator has determined that you are in breach of the site rules. If you think that rules and a system for enforcing those rules equates to censorship then, frankly, you are in the wrong forum and should go elsewhere where you will likely be much happier.

Member Avatar for diafol

Fourth time. What are you doing here?

As you said, he's trolling. I suppose he'll just keep being a dick until he is banned and then he can go onto other forums and cry about how Daniweb is so oppressive and unfair.

I suppose I should apologize. I'm sorry I ever reversed the first infraction I laid on him. If I hadn't he'd be gone by now.

I know the rules for infractions state

It should also be pointed out that if there is no need to edit or delete a post, then no infraction is ever necessary. A couple of different mods recently handed out "Keep It Pleasant" infractions without making any changes to the posts. If they are not horrible enough that it's fine for them to remain on the site in their original form, then the poster doesn't deserve to be banned from the site for posting them.

While this rule is usually applied to posts on a post-by-post basis I felt that this user should be judged on his work in total as all we seem to have gotten is complaints. His tone is frequently and unnecessarily rude and insulting. His posts add nothing positive but should remain undeleted as a good example of a bad example.

Member Avatar for diafol

I'm against censoring him. As DW has a policy of not deleting posts, I'm pleased that his posts will remain here for all to see. He has even linked his Google+ account to DW, so any prospective business client searching about him online will doubtless come across these inane posts of his. Wow, that must be a killer. All that carefully crafted rep and respect gone in an instant. Poof!
Seriously, would you employ somebody to develop a web app for you who was regarded as a "troll"? Still, curious as to what he's doing here and hoping to achieve.

How webapp has been up for 13 yrs? simple and easy - Dani just lets community run by itself..... she adds some new (more or less tested - giving she knows how to perform tests) features; but most of whats powering this webapp is community.

I will not comment on all the rest that has been written after my prev post.

If you want systems I (co)worked/ing on, just visit Google and look them up. I'll not post addresses here.

commented: "simple and easy - Dani just lets community run by itself..." Yes, it's called "community". Each website needs one. +0

but most of whats powering this webapp is community.

And I suppose that when you are driving around in your car you think it is powered by your own sense of self-satisfaction and smug superiority rather than by the gas which you didn't discover, drill for and refine, and is being burned in a mechanical marvel which appeared by magic rather than by the hard work and talent of innumerable engineers, technicians and factory workers.

Its better not to be here as its of no sense. Typical self-pomped people who thinks that portal, they're members on, is the best, flawless. And another society to strongly avoid.

PS. Do not worry about my reputation - its doing great for now.
PS 2. Do delete my posts/articles and all traces of me here.
PS 3. My G+ account is not your business.

commented: PS2, now, they won't, you can't anymore, PS3: Actually, you bound it, so yea, it is. +0
Member Avatar for diafol

And another society to strongly avoid.

So does that mean you're leaving? Please don't go. You have provided us with a lot of entertainment.

PS. Do not worry about my reputation - its doing great for now.

That's what you think. Thick skin, oblivious to the world around you and totally inept when it comes to social interaction. I will try not to lose sleep over your reputation - you have my word.

PS 2. Do delete my posts/articles and all traces of me here.

No. You posted, now you'll reap what you sow. All your contemporaries will see what a jerk you've been.

PS 3. My G+ account is not your business.

Nobody else's either by the looks of it, heh heh. But you linked this G+ account to your profile, so yes, in that case it was intended to be our business. Or are you really that naïve? In fact, from the way you've blustered about on this site, you gave the impression of being some "slick king" of the webapp world, so I searched for you. Guess what?

You don't exist. Oh, I found a MySpace account with a pretty scary looking photo (Norman Bates vs. The Hills have Eyes) on it, but otherwise I can find no trace of you or what you've produced. Granted I didn't spend more than 5 minutes doing this, but even so, I would imagine a man of your undoubtable talents would have his name plastered all over the internet. So in that case, please do place your links here.

We'll be more than happy to give you some feedback.

Member Avatar for diafol

Sorry here you are:

<link removed>

Seems you have some "previous", me old china.

The history with SFS is that, about 1 year ago I registered on one forum where admin was very thick skinned and wasnt accepting any criticism (there were +/-90% of community criticising him). So he did what he did - he submitted our IPs to SFS. We contacted SFS regarding this and they started demanding any kind of proof before they add someone to this list. But, his submission was before they started demanding. All in all - it was clear for us - it was done as a revenge for being criticant.

Afterwards we started 'cleaning up' internet from scams like him.....

Member Avatar for diafol

So let me get this straight. You joined a site so that you could criticise him and his work. What is it with you people? If you don't like it, just f*** off. Easy. Nobody forced you to join the community.

Afterwards we started 'cleaning up' internet from scams like him.....

SuperWoj to the rescue.

Anyway, thought you were leaving. There really is no purpose to you. You are obviously wasting your talent here.

Oh - and that PM - I don't accept them - it's been deleted without opening - post it to the forum. Sorry.

I post it here for you to admire -> Our forum... this site was my idea, I was the one who coded most part of it; Im still responsible for core of this webapp.....

Its nothing wrong in criticising, as long as its well-deserved.... and in this case it was well-deserved. Instead of asking whats wrong with us you should ask what was wrong with him, what made him not accepting criticism. Would be more accurate here.

commented: Mind blowing, amazing!! +0
Member Avatar for iamthwee

Wow did you write that all by yourself! That's amazing. I've never seen anything quite like that myself. You must be super talented.

Sorry to intrude on such a tantalizing conversation, but has the OP's issue ever been solved? I was able to see the bug initially, but then I went and made a change, and I can no longer reproduce it.

Member Avatar for diafol

Sorry Dani. Another thread sidetracked. Apologies DA.

Well would be great if someone could let me know if they're still having issues connecting to LinkedIn! :)

Hi Dani - Yes LinkedIn still isn't working.

Must be something different about me - browser, location etc?

Do you know if it works for anyone else?

Or how about increasing the character allowance? I have copied and pasted my CV in but only got some of it in. Your limit is 5000 characters but mine is just under 35,000 characters. Mine is a little long as I am a contractor and have 36 jobs on my CV!

The reason for the 5000 character limit is because that is just supposed to be where you put your summary. Individual jobs should go under the job section we have available.

Err, I mean experience or portfolio sections ;)

Ok I see the other sections now, sorry about that.

Anyway the LinkedIn bit is working now, well done!

What was wrong wth it? Was it because I am in the UK - diffeent url maybe?

No, I'm not quite sure why it wasn't working to be honest.

I find the best reason to give when you don't know what it is "too much klunk in the stuffit expander" - give it a go it's weirdley satisfying!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.